This role will be part of the Information Research - Business Platforms Architecture team focus on identifying technical solutions for business problems across R&D, while also acting as the technology SMEs for business partners. In alignment to the team’s mandate this role will focus on “solution planning, innovation and technology evaluations” with a specific focus on Cloud Hosted Platforms & Solutions. This role will be a launchpad to get broad understanding of the technology stack with focus on breadth vs. depth to a specific technology. In addition, the role will also provide exposure to working with business partners in solving real-world business problems providing exposure to the business domains.
This role requires strong analytical skills coupled with good interpersonal skills and an interest to learn new leading-edge technologies. The blend of technical and analytical skills is needed to help identify and recommend technical solutions to solve real-world business problems.
The applicant should be able to make decisions by analyzing data, patterns and trends that can lead to an optimal solution. The role will also require undertaking “exploratory builds” as part of solution evaluation (PoCs) and provide architectural guidance to “development partners” responsible for building solution.
- Investigate new and emerging technologies, design and implement prototypes for early / usability testing and participate in technology forums and collaborations
- Focus on “cloud hosted” platforms (IaaS / PaaS & SaaS) models across R&D
- Contribute innovative and feasible ideas and solutions by leveraging new technologies by understanding the business problems and challenges impacting business partners.
- Drive continuous improvement of the R&D technology tools and platforms.
- Understand current regulations and keep up to date with these changes towards driving effective IT solutions and strategy for IT solutions.
- Provide architectural guidance to “development teams” drive architecture reviews
- Willingness to Learn emerging technologies like Cloud, Big Data, Dev Ops, etc.,
- Review estimates/quotes from SI partners and provide reviews into overall estimates.
- Refine the R&D Architectural Strategy to align with changing business needs
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with business users, development teams, BSA/BSCs and PPMs to collaborate on projects that maximizes business value
- Bachelor’s Degree equivalent with 8+ years’ experience
- Requires a good understanding of GxP SLC process with exposure to client facing roles.
- Requires good communication skills, analytical skills, understanding of technology and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.
- Working knowledge of software development practices and technologies
- Having prior work experience and/or internships within AbbVie
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced