Conceive, design, engineer, and implement enterprise-level data, software, and technology solutions that solve significant scientific or business problems. Generate new proposals and lead those efforts. Investigate, identify, and implement state-of-the-art technology platforms that drive productivity and efficiency gains in own function and throughout multiple business areas. Act as a lead in his/her area of expertise and critically evaluate relevant technological advances and integrate this knowledge into new business technology solutions. Technology Engineers will be aligned to a specific area: Information, Software, Data, or Infrastructure.
•Effectively function as a principle engineer, generating new technological proposals and leading those efforts. Anticipate and critically evaluate technological advances or competitive threats and respond with appropriate new strategies.
•Demonstrate creative 'out of the box' thinking to solve difficult problems and champion new technologies to achieve project goals.
•Independently responsible for technology within his/her area of expertise on multiple projects. Demonstrate mastery across a wide range of technologies and platforms related to software design and development, programming languages, data integration, data warehousing, data analysis and visualization tools, data storage, network connectivity, and virtualization/cloud environments.
•Demonstrate deep knowledge of the pharmaceutical and healthcare business, and utilize this knowledge in the rapid advancement of agile, impactful, and cost-effective solutions
•Recognized and sought out as an expert in his/her discipline within the company and possibly externally.
•Shapes relationships with affiliates, subsidiaries, vendors, and industry peers in accordance with Abbvie Values, Vendor Management Office, and Purchasing to further the mission, vision and goals of the organization.
•May mentor/supervise a team of one or more and guide and evaluate the performance of those individuals; is accountable for the effective performance of the team/individuals.
•Keeps executive leadership, peers and staff informed through effective verbal and written communication.
•Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 14+ years of experience, Master’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 12+ years of experience. Eight years of experience in application program development. Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
•Requires in‐depth knowledge of the systems development life cycle, client area’s functions and systems, and systems application program development technological alternatives.
•Demonstrated ability to function as a principle investigator, generating original technical ideas and software development strategies. Demonstrated creative 'out of the box' thinking to solve difficult technical problems and champion new technologies to achieve project goals.
•Excellent written and oral English communication skills, as demonstrated by presenting at leading scientific or technical conferences.
- Design experience for large global scale enterprise WAN, LAN, WLAN, firewalls, and cloud communications for 10,000+ users
- Defines, plans and designs innovative enterprise network infrastructure solutions
- Data center infrastructure designs
- Requires experience with highly complex routing scenarios and redundancy
- Possess a working understanding of cloud designs and architectures; prefer AWS and Azure
- Financial understanding of data carrier services
- Effectively organize and present project objectives and progress
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced