The Associate Director, US Patient Services Enterprise Strategy manages portfolio-wide patient support strategies and select critical strategic initiatives for U.S. Patient Services. This role will report to the Director of US Patient Services Enterprise Strategy. It informs and supports key business decisions through sourcing industry best practices and trends. The Associate Director will be responsible for supporting large-scale strategic planning initiatives like the annual planning process and portfolio budget allocation. This individual collaborates with multiple Patient Services functions to build knowledge on program capabilities then partners with Patient Services Programs and Enterprise Strategy team to identify opportunities for innovation to advance care model designs and patient impact. The role requires heavy cross-functional partnerships with MABI, Finance, BTS, Market Access, Marketing, Trade, Institutional Account Executives, Legal/Compliance, CCG, and all functions within U.S. Patient Services, including Integrated Planning, Patient Service Marketing, Patient Outreach, and Patient Service Operations. This position is office-based with up to 25% travel.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Accountable for overseeing annual strategic, tactical, and financial planning processes across the entire U.S. Patient Services organization.
- Lead strategic special initiatives that are not already under therapeutic-area leadership. Provide leadership and ensure cross functional alignment throughout the project.
- Participate in the process to define appropriate investment levels to meet PSP objectives gaining cross functional input, alignment and supporting team execution.
- Disseminate information to drive alignment on strategic objectives & collaboration across all PSP and key stakeholder functions.
- Responsible for assigned projects for U.S. Patient Services enterprise strategy; executes strategy and leads focus team meetings.
- Develops and delivers senior level presentations covering strategic initiatives, organizational updates and other critical information.
- Own designated strategic projects and initiatives with cross-functional partners and senior leadership
- Manage vendor relationship to source industry best practices and trends to impact care model designs
- Ensure pull through of the care model strategic plans within the patient support organization
- Establish and maintain appropriate relationships with commercial business partners in sales, managed healthcare, trade and marketing teams
- Ability to manage 25% travel
- Requires minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree a plus.
- A minimum of 5-8 years in the pharmaceutical industry with expertise in market access, patient support, sales, marketing, or related commercial function in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
- Candidates should have strong knowledge of the compliance and regulatory environment for manufacturers in the pharmaceutical space
- Strong communication, conflict resolution and leadership skills.
- Ability to effectively present ideas and document complex information in both written and oral communication.
- Demonstrated expertise in patient support program design and execution.
- Synthesize multiple workstreams of research and insights to produce key insights needed to create a Care Model which will be approved by the functional director prior to executive leadership and delivered to broader operational team.
- Ability to develop relationships and influence across multiple functions (access, marketing, call centers, patient outreach, BTS, finance) in a matrix environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, prioritize and execute multiple projects in fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated strategic, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Proven track record of anticipating and resolving problems
- Curiosity to pursue unchartered paths with an entrepreneurial mindset.
Key Internal/External Partners:
- Senior and mid-level leadership across the organization
- All Patient Services teams
- Commercial (marketing, sales)
- Market Access
- Marketing, Analytics and Business Insights
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced