At AbbVie we are a company that takes on the world’s toughest health challenges. But we do more than treat disease with breakthrough medicines—we aim to make a remarkable impact on people’s lives. We are a highly focused, research-driven biopharmaceutical company with 48,000 passionate, collaborative employees around the world dedicated to scientific discovery and innovation, operational excellence, safety, and patient support.
This role supports enterprise culture, anticipating organizational change and culture implications to provide strategy, thought leadership and support, ensuring strong culture delivery. Aligned with the needs of the business, this role will be responsible for innovation and creation of enterprise wide programs that amplify the global connectivity to culture. You will develop, launch and own initiatives to hardwire culture into our processes, drive overall employee engagement, and ensure alignment to Equality, Diversity &Inclusion priorities. This role will also play a critical role in the deployment of and resulting actions from AbbVie's employee survey.
The work you will support and help deliver includes:
Provide research-based strategic thinking and development of enterprise wide Culture Programs and execution of the AbbVie Enterprise Culture Strategy, including hardwiring into our processes and sustaining culture with employees.
Develop, design and facilitate live and virtual workshops with leaders and teams in the areas of team effectiveness, vision setting, leadership alignment and change leadership, among other Culture focus areas
Elevate and expand core AbbVie Culture Programs to meet changing culture landscape inside and outside of AbbVie.
Advise and educate business and HR partners on Culture programs, approaches, and deliverables
Serve as primary connection point and support for internal culture communities including functional culture teams, Employee Resource Groups, grassroots culture efforts and employees and teams looking for culture consultation and resources
Coach leaders on culture and behavior topics, such as readiness for and leading through change, team leadership, and other Cultural focus areas
Identify, design, develop and deliver solutions to meet the execution of core and critical culture strategies.
Strategically partner with Equality, Diversity & Inclusion to develop a deeper level of synergy and enterprise impact and understanding between culture and Equality, Diversity & Inclusion.
Compentencies we look for and you can expect to develop in this role:
- Executive presence and superb communicator
- Business acumen and innovation
- Influences across all levels and geographies
- Leads without authority
- Creative thinker and innovator that delivers on ideas.
- Development and coaching skills
- Action-orientation over theoretical reliance
Desired Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years experience in organizational culture, organizational development or related roles
- Proven experience and success in leading large scale Cultural programs and initiatives across organizations.
- Prior experience in working in a highly matrixed and complex organization, while maintaining strong credibility and an inclusive disposition.
- Delivers innovative thinking and pull-through to drive employee engagement
- Knows what it takes for leaders to develop others and to create high performing teams
- Demonstrated effective resourcefulness and ability to deliver multiple enterprise initiatives with ambiguity and without hierarchical authority.
- Highly collaborative and comfortable navigating organizational dynamics
- Partners closely and seeks insights from colleagues in the development, design and delivery of programs
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including crafting messaging for enterprise-wide, global audiences and building successful, productive relationships with colleagues within team, as well as cross-functionally.
- Instructional design and senior-level meeting/workshop facilitation