Pacific Communications is a full-service global provider of integrated healthcare communications on the West Coast, specializing in marketing strategy development and planning, medical communications and education, branding, advertising, and promotion. This includes launching many new products and technologies, with a global reach.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
% of Time or
Under the general supervision of the Account Supervisor and the Executive Director of Client Services, performs the following:
- Develops comprehensive communications plans for assigned products which support approved marketing strategies.
- Conducts input sessions with Clients, Agency, Public Relations and Professional Communications to discuss communications plans for new product opportunities, new product launches, and annual marketing plans.
- Develops creative platforms for assigned brand(s). Provides strategic input for Creative Team of Copywriter and Art Director and participates in creative development sessions. Prepares creative platform prior to campaign development.
- Presents recommended consumer and professional audience campaigns and tactics to Clients, with the assistance of key Agency Account Management and Creative staff, when appropriate.
- Investigates and recommends innovative media and sales promotional opportunities. Works closely with Media Analyst in developing media schedules. Meets regularly with journal and video representatives to keep current on industry trends/information.
- Manages development of Clients’ projects, from initiation to completion, on time, within budget and on strategy.
- Communicates with the Account Supervisor on a regular and consistent basis as to the status of the account, meetings, issues, etc.
- Communicates effectively with all Agency personnel to ensure assigned projects are correctly executed, on time and within budget.
- Conducts strategy review meetings for Creative and Legal/Medical.
- Is ultimately responsible to Clients and Agency management for on-time execution, Legal and Medical accuracy, and satisfactory appearance of assigned communications projects.
- Supervises advertising expenditures on assigned products.
- Supplies Clients with accurate, timely reports of budgeted versus actual expenditures.
- Provides budget guidelines to Creative and Production Teams on assigned projects.
- Recommends to Clients budget revisions which adjust to budgeted levels or increase or decrease advertising spends in the face of market or competitive activities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors degree required, with an emphasis in advertising, journalism and/or business administration preferred.
• Knowledge of advertising agency disciplines including creative, production, personnel management, and project management with 3 to 6 years classic-full-service health care agency experience required. Experience in client-side marketing, marketing research or sales is desirable. Strong interpersonal, organizational, written, and oral communications skills must be demonstrated.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of both marketing and advertising is required.
• Excellent management, supervisory, analytical and communication skills, both oral and written.
• Strong systems organizational abilities.
• Proven interpersonal skills.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced