The Associate Brand Technology Consultant will assist the Brand Technology Solutions organization, supporting our US Commercial organization, to plan and implement the technology to address the ever-changing customer needs and ways in which our customers engage with AbbVie. The Associate Brand Technology Consultant is responsible for supporting the execution of the brand strategy through various data, integration, and technology projects. He/she will forge relationships within the US Commercial Brand Teams to support achievement of critical milestones by tracking key projects and initiatives and coordinate team responses to critical issues. He/she is responsible for planning and overseeing multiple projects at once from ideation to completion, including helping secure cross-functional alignment on project scope, benefits, cost, and timeline. He/she is expected to work effectively across various IT Shared Services teams, external third-party service providers, and other Commercial business stakeholders. He/she ensures teams are following corporate and divisional policies and procedures related to systems development, systems support and compliance.
- Works directly with business stakeholders to understand specific brand strategies, evaluate brand current state; collaborate on ideation, analysis, and strategy of digital tactics.
- Investigates and understands capabilities of existing systems and technologies already in use across the business units, and similar and interconnected business areas in AbbVie, and investigates available technologies applied to this business area in industry; Identifies information required to support the business strategy and leads the development of appropriate information management strategies, developing them as an integrated part of the business strategy.
- Proactively seeks out business opportunities for the application of new or existing technology capabilities with business leads, providing them with comprehensive analyses and insights to help them discover strategic use of technology products and services.
- Interfaces with IT capability teams and influences by providing suggestions for future capability direction and enhancements that would benefit the supporting businesses with their strategies and roadmap.
- Allies with other BTOs to remain current on project status, and informs business of progress, conversely, keeps IT Managers aware of issues, risks and resolves conflicts. Identifies the impact of any relevant internal or external regulations on the organizations use of information.
- Evaluates business requirements and translates them into capability requirements, and provides accurate proposals to business – scope, cost, and schedule.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6 years’ experience; Master’s Degree with 5 years’ experience.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of the business and leverages that understanding to elevate the level of their work.
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills
- Seeks to leverage proven frameworks, methodologies, and best practices in projects and advocates for the implementation of those methods in a reusable fashion.
- Work is performed and technical decisions are made with a high degree of independence and performance is judged by results obtained.
- Regular assignments are completed with minimal supervision.
- Independently manage the day-to-day activities of small to medium complexity projects independently.
- Manages digital/technology projects both internal and external stakeholders, cross-functional teams and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction. This includes managing project timelines, tracking deliverables & milestones, providing status communications and setting expectations of a cross-functional team involved in project delivery.
- Works effectively with team/group to accomplish organizational goals. Connects teams and experts, ensure a common understanding, to align to a common goal.
- Applies analytical thinking skills to diagnose and make recommendations on systems. Incorporates knowledge of business and technology to make recommendations; ensures the system design fits the needs of the users.
- Execute processes in compliance rich environments and document actions. Determine when exceptions to the process should be allowed and seeks out clarification.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced