Purpose: The Site BTS Senior Manager drives cross-functional business-IT strategy development, solution planning, site digitalization, risk management and relationship management. They provide end-to-end technical solution leadership and business process alignment through the delivery and maintenance of Manufacturing, Site Operations and Business Technology Solutions and systems.
The role liaises with multiple stakeholders, such as global/enterprise applications, infrastructure services, information security automation and engineering, to ensure successful delivery of the site’s information systems and digitalization roadmap. In partnership with site, regional and global organizations, the Site BTS Sr. Manager creates and maintains the site digitalization roadmap, advocates for and enables a unified approach to shopfloor management, and proposed and executes projects that deliver innovation and digital enablement of IME’s Factory of the Future, Segmentation and Simplification business imperatives.
This role is an active and contributing member of the Site Leadership Team (SLT), advocating on behalf of business stakeholders to ensure IT services meet their business priorities and needs, while improving operations and executing projects in a fast paced, multi-disciplined, cross-functional environment.
- Assess, benchmark, propose, implement and sustain the Site's digitalization strategy and roadmap in alignment with IME business imperatives and BTS capabilities;
- Ensures delivery of robust sustainable digitalization solutions that meet site, region and network priorities;
- Coach, mentor and develop key talent, and demonstrate willingness to make hard choices around people and talent development;
- Establish and advance a high performing team of SMEs by recruiting, training, coaching and developing people, clearly communicating goals, performance expectations, role responsibilities and performance feedback in alignment with AbbVie’s Talent philosophy;
- Continuous improvement in relationship building and cross-functional prioritization across multiple business and technology functions: IME, Quality, Supply Chain, BTS in alignment of Operations strategic priorities;
- Accountable for digitalization program enablement with a multi-year roadmap;
- Provide expert guidance and financially justified business case for new and emerging technologies and trends for business process simplification and automation;
- Liaise with Global BTOs, ensuring high standards of service delivery and engage to influence continuous improvement opportunities for site operations;
- Ensure cyber and operations resilience, compliance and data integrity regulatory standards are maintained and adhered to across all site systems;
- Support and provide domain expertise to site on GxP, data integrity, information security as well as internal and external audits;
- Understand current system design and partner with key stakeholders and site leadership to ‘future proof’ BTS solutions to ensure site stability of manufacturing operations;
- Facilitate internal resources and external vendors in planning, verification and implementation of technical solutions for day-to-day operations as well as IME and BTS strategic imperatives. Interface with hardware, software and service vendors to ensure successful delivery, integration and validation of manufacturing operations.
- Relevant degree in IT, Computer Science, Mechatronics, or similar;
- 12+ years relevant industry experience. Exposure to FDA, GMP, ISA95, safety and environmental legislation. Experience in pharmaceutical or life sciences industry preferred;
- 5+ years proven track record in delivering IT & OT automation solutions in similar environment;
- 5+ years + project management experience – proven record of cross functional project delivery;
- 5+ years leadership experience – direct reporting with demonstrated ability to motivate and develop teams in matrix environment;
- Systems background: ERP/SAP, MES (POMS), Data Historian (OSI PI), Chromatography (Empower) and laboratory management systems. SCADA/DCS is a plus;
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance, SLC, Compliance and Data Integrity;
- Ability to manage and support manufacturing operations in conjunction with site and global teams;
- Proven ability to make clear and courageous decisions, influence site leadership and key stakeholders at site, regional and global levels.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Trasferte: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Tipo di contratto: Experienced