The individual works within cross-functional teams and provides software requirements, design and implementation for current and next generation software and systems projects. He or she develops a thorough understanding of design requirements to ensure that the system’s objectives are properly defined and ultimately achieved.
This role is focused on Windows development. This individual must have strong technical skills complemented by great communications and teamwork qualities. Experience in a software development background in a structured/regulated environment such as medical device development is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned.):
- Design, develop, and support embedded, Windows desktop applications.
- Maintain and improve released software products.
- Contribute to requirements definition at the functional level.
- Participate in software work product reviews/inspections.
- Interface, integrate, troubleshoot and debug software and hardware components.
- Generate required product development documentation including Functional Specifications and design documents.
- Execute manual or automated tests for verification and validation of software applications.
- Design, code and validate software tools for use in the manufacturing of the product.
- Work with Software Test, Support and Manufacturing to resolve software issues.
- Drive improvements to product and process quality.
- BS in Software Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 3 years of software design and development working experience with Windows programming with C# and . NET. GUI development experience is preferred.
- Experience in medical devices or similarly controlled software environment preferred.
- Experience in developing event driven, multi-threaded Windows-based applications using .NET Framework and C# preferred.
- Must have experience in structured software and systems development and integration, including experience in software design methodologies, design patterns, component-oriented software architecture to produce high-quality software applications.
- Knowledge of software life cycle processes used in regulated development environments. Agile process is preferred.
- Result-oriented, self-motivated and able to participate as both a team member and an individual contributor.
- Willing to learn new technologies and wear multiple hats.
- Experience in Windows Wix Toolset /Microsoft msi package building and deployment is a plus
- Prior working experience with Azure or AWS is a plus.
- Knowledge of wired and wireless communication interfaces for embedded systems – modem, WiFi, LAN, USB, Serial preferred
- Responsible for performing all duties in compliance with FDA’s Quality System Regulation (QSR), ISO13485, the Canadian Medical Device Regulations, and all other international regulatory requirements with which ZELTIQ complies.
Language and Verbal Skills:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering specifications, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, specifications, business correspondence, and procedure manuals in English. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers. Ability to clearly and concisely convey project accomplishments, obstacles, issues, and project status.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in complicated, advanced engineering or mathematical formats.
Analytical and Reading Skills:
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to analyze a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and interpret various abstract and concrete variables. Ability to read technical and clinical literature and documents and extract important concepts.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; up to 8 hours per day. The employee is regularly required to lift and carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Duties also involve daily keyboard data entry. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Most work is performed in an office-like setting. The noise level in the environment is usually low to moderate
Requires regular presence in a (clinical or engineering or animal) laboratory setting where protective equipment or other health and safety measures and training are required to protect against chemical, biological or other hazards.. Noise levels may be moderate to high.
ZELTIQ is committed to the health and safety of our employees. We expect that all employees will perform their responsibilities while maintaining a safe, cooperative, and productive work environment, thus ensuring the health and safety of themselves and others.
Applicable to California Applicants Only
· The below range is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in California.
This range may be modified in the future.
· The salary range is (minimum: $ 96,000 to maximum: $ 188,000)
· This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive program
· This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs
· We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
- Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.