This position is field based and will be responsible for managing a team of field based clinical specialists across ANZ. Achieving agreed education and training activities through clinical specialists and internal/external workshops. This will be done by establishing effective processes for clinical facilitation, training resource allocation across accounts and impact tracking in collaboration with Facial Aesthetics Regional Sales Managers and the Medical Education Manager.
A high level of ANZ travel is to be expected within this position.
Clinical Specialist Manager
key duties & responsibilities
Medical Education Activities
- Develop clinical facilitation and workshop execution strategy with targeted accounts to meet business goals.
- Support the Medical Education Manager in Trainer engagement strategies and activities.
- Develop challenging team goals and business strategies that are fully aligned with the overall Allergan business strategy. Communicating this vision and goals in a clear and compelling way to the team.
- Work closely with team members to develop and foster strategic long-term relationships with key customers.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Medical Education team to contribute to the development of marketing and medical education plans and drive the execution of these plans through the clinical specialist team.
- Ensure you are fully briefed on all marketing campaigns and materials and their related strategies. Review marketing materials prior to their use or communication to determine whether you should take a lead or supporting role.
- Design and implement achievable and strategically aligned goals that support the strategic direction of the business unit. Monitor the progress of these goals and implement coaching improvement strategies where necessary.
- Conduct frequent field visits with each Clinical Specialist (approximately 80% of available time will be field based work), developing an effective framework / goals for each field visit and implement plans to drive growth.
- Create a positive team environment through the demonstration of strong leadership behaviours, including communicating expectations clearly, instilling an atmosphere of trust and respect, and leading by example.
- Use a mix of coaching and development tools to help each team member realize their full potential. Performing all related people management activities, including recruiting new team members, conducting performance reviews, coaching for improved performance, reward and recognition, etc.
- Ensure all educational activities comply with legal, regulatory and ethical standards.
- Manage the teams’ expenses within the agreed budget and contribute towards the setting of future budgets.
Therapeutic Area Knowledge
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of Allergan’s Facial Aesthetics range of products.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of facial anatomy; best practice of assessment and consultation process, as well as injection techniques.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of Allergan’s competitors and their product ranges. Be able to communicate the value difference in terms of efficacy, safety, price and market strategy to customers.
- Ensure you are fully up to date on all relevant domestic and international clinical studies. Use this information to provide additional sales support to the team and engage clients.
- Report any adverse event within 24 hours as per Allergan’s policies and procedures.
- Support Allergan’s Quality Management System and internal auditing processes.
Workplace Health & Safety
- Proactively participate in Allergan’s WHS programs, adhere to policies and promote a safe work environment at all times.
- Adhere to Allergan’s internal codes of conduct and compliance processes.
- Other ad hoc duties such as administrative duties, as requested.
Coaching the Team - Constantly looks for and diagnoses areas for improvement of the team and their facilitation techniques. Provides timely and constructive feedback, instruction and guidance to strengthen specific knowledge and skill areas to optimize injector skill levels. Proactively mentors and coaches people and adapts coaching style to each team member; is positive in approach to creating lasting self change and improvement and encourages feedback across all levels. Dedicated to helping others learn and improve their skill sets based on individual needs and the needs of the enterprise.
Therapeutic Area Expertise - Possesses expert knowledge of designated therapeutic area, including key issues, competitive landscape, and product portfolio.
Training Techniques and Delivery - Applies innovative training techniques and optimal delivery method(s) to maximize information retention. Designs, delivers, and advises on skills-based learning methodologies and tools.
Scientific Communication - Communicates fair and balanced medical and technical data effectively across stakeholders (including presenters, doctors, customers, business partners, vendors, and internal audiences).
Networking - Knows who the key internal organizational decision makers and influencers are regarding the teams objectives, thinks and acts beyond own role and function – building bridges across the team, functional, divisional and/or geographical boundaries. Effectively facilitates and leads communication between the team and cross-functional stakeholders.
the allergan commitment
Doing What is Right – Never jeopardize patient safety, product quality or compliance; always act with integrity
Ways We Work
All For One Abbvie; We weigh all decisions against the common good. We inspire, share and create as a team. We solve problems for all rather than serving our immediate team.
Decide Smart & Sure; We make intelligent decisions to create the best outcomes. We act quickly, embrace experimentation, and learn what doesn’t work and get on to what does.
Agile & Accountable; We streamline and eliminate unnecessary obstacles. We plan but adapt as we go. We delegate and make tough decisions to ensure focus on results, staying keenly aware of the urgency in all we do.
Clear & Courageous; Open, honest, candid dialogue is core to our work and how we act with each other. We share information freely and continuously to find solutions. We admit mistakes. We grow stronger by putting the courage of our conviction to the test.
Make Possibilities Real; We question with endless curiosity. We’re never satisfied with good enough—patients depend on us to deliver more. We challenge ourselves to find creative, constructive solutions to turn possibilities into reality.
Medical Education Manager
Sales and marketing teams
Customer Service team
Medical and Scientific team
ANZ Advisory Board Members