The Senior Business Systems Analyst will work within the Commercial Data & Analytics team which is a team focused on creating curated data sets used by sales and marketing business areas. The Senior Business Systems Analyst will play a key role on requirements gathering and implementation of larger projects across the team. The role will work closely with business stakeholders and technical leads to understand various data sources, how business rules are applied to data and ultimately how data delivers information required by business stakeholders. The business system analyst will help define, document, test and explain data processes. Areas supported include commercial data management, field tools, sales reporting, and incentive compensation/sales crediting. In addition to working with business and IT leads, this role will work closely with vendor partners and development teams.
- Works directly with business unit clients to understand specific business processes and needs, and opportunities for improvement.
- Identifies IT capabilities and information required to support the business processes and collaborates in the development of appropriate information management strategies, developing them as an integrated part of the business strategy.
- Translates business requirements into functional requirements. Produce and maintain required technical documentation associated with work product.
- Refine conceptual system requirements into a technical design consisting of job flows and program specifications.
- Investigates alternatives, which use existing applications and make recommendations.
- Identifies and implements process improvements.
- Conducts tests; develops preliminary findings for review by management.
- Conducts training.
- In specialized systems effectively set options to change the way the program works (configuration responsibilities).
- Provide system performance optimization, maintenance and production support.
- Perform business analysis, data analysis and data audits involving large and complex data sets.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally and with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to realty.
- Accountable for total project scope, budget, completion within budget constraints and schedules completion date under direct and matrix control.
- Manages projects according to milestones and within budget constraints. Keeps IT managers aware of user issues and resolves conflicts.
- Evaluate & recommend new software, utilities, and tools.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years technical experience, or Master’s degree plus 4 years’ experience. Will consider 9 years work experience in related technical roles.
- Experience in a Business System Analyst role.
- Systems testing and IT Implementation experience.
- Experience in data analysis and data audits in a data warehouse/data lake environment.
- Proven implementation of creative technology solutions that advance business objectives.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, with ability to function effectively in an environment with multiple and fluctuating priorities.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry, project management and SDLC fundamentals, and a good data understanding of sales data preferred.
- Experience with Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) processes and writing Structured Query Language (SQL queries) is a plus.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced