This role is responsible for operating as the CISO’s "right hand" in matters such as strategic planning, budget and portfolio management, and functional coordination. Engaging with leadership and senior leadership across AbbVie to drive a global security training & awareness program.
- Lead the following areas within the Information Security & Risk Management organization 1) Global training and awareness program 2) Project/program management office 3) Financial and operational reporting 4) Change management and communications.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and brainstorming partner to the CISO. Support the CISO in the preparation of board, executive committee, and other presentations. Define and deliver on a stakeholder engagement strategy.
- Align all information security initiatives to the NIST Cybersecurity framework and measure overall program maturity leveraging that framework.
- Define, build and operate a leading, next-generation global security awareness & training program.
- Manage an extensive project portfolio to ensure effective execution and delivery. This includes project and program budget and cost, resource allocation, and reallocations.
- Prioritize programs and projects based on changing functional needs, resource capacity constraints, risk exposure, and interdependencies.
- Manage the operational functional budget and lead long term financial planning for the organization.
- Provide leadership team with recommendations and consultation to improve teamwork
- Help lead and initiate change throughout the organization.
- Implement tools and measurements to drive the adoption of the security and risk management strategy and operating tenets.
- Experience working in a global security organization and broad knowledge of various security domains. This includes working knowledge of security and risk frameworks.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer science or related discipline preferred or equivalent experience.
- Strong planning, organizational, and leadership skills, including the ability to mobilize and motivate teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace, and execute with limited information and ambiguity.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels. Proven ability to build and lead cross functional teams.
- Ability to promote innovative ideas and accept the risks that are required to lead change. Must be comfortable with ambiguity; demonstrate strong writing, problem solving and creative thinking skills, and ability to work effectively with conceptual structures, outlines and models.
- Builds collaborative relationships and effectively interacts frequently with business and/or technology senior leadership and vice presidents.
- Strong experience in program management, financial management and organizational change management.
- PMP/PMI certification preferred. Hands-on experience in project/portfolio resource planning, reporting, prioritization, and budgeting.
- Atleast 10 years of experience in a security leadership role
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced