The Associate Director, Business Human Resources (BHR)will be a trusted partner to the Global Commercial HQ organization, helping to shape our culture, support our business strategies and finding and developing the talent necessary to make a remarkable impact on AbbVie and patients around the world.
We seek to fully develop our employees’ skills so that we can leverage AbbVie’s diversity of opinions, cultures and experiences in all that we do. You will leverage best-in-class HR practices to continually construct, deliver and support programs that establish AbbVie as an employer of choice while empowering all employees at all levels of the organization.
- Business Human Resources Partner to the Vice President/Director
- Serve as the primary strategic partner to the business, developing HR strategies, needs assessments and resulting HR solutions.
- Responsible for ensuring the effective “delivery” of all HR programs and services. Responsible for HR results in the business, including client satisfaction, HR effectiveness and associated financial results.
- Establishes, builds and maintains strong relationships with key HR partners from all COE's and internal partners to ensure elements of HR are successfully coordinated to meet business needs; includes relationship management, leadership, HR roles & responsibilities, and service delivery commitments.
- Be the ambassador of the HR organization to represent the services and resources available to the business and help manage the collective reputation of the HR organization as a whole.
- Coordinate and implement HR strategies to meet organizational needs of a major segment of the business.
- Ensure actions and delivery of COE's align with overall HR strategy and meet the needs of the business.
- Develop proposals and recommendations to resolve strategically important issues affecting a major business segment.
- Manage and leverage human and financial resources within scope of delivered project services while supporting a major segment of the business.
- Partner closely with our Talent Management and Talent Deployment to identify and deploy global talent.
- Identification of trends and new approaches to business processes should be both incremental as well as “ahead of the curve”.
- Initiatives and changes to current business processes must have a clear linkage with other organizational efforts being proposed or already ongoing in the respective business.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required. Master’s Degree Preferred
- Experience supporting a global business and partnering with international based business leaders and HR colleagues
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting the business.
- Project management or business experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of organizational development activity preferred.
- Significant breadth of understanding of functional HR roles and responsibilities and impact on the business.
- Re-organizational experience strongly preferred.
- Creating structural hierarchy strongly preferred
- Open to future global assignments and positions outside of the U.S is preferred.
Significant depth of knowledge of critical success factors and challenges for a major business segment
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced