For assigned products, develops marketing communications and plans, directs implementation of tactics which support marketing objectives and strategies. Ensures the highest standards of client service are provided.
Pacific Communications is the largest full service provider of medical communications on the West Coast, specializing in marketing strategy development and planning, medical communications and education, branding, advertising, and promotion. This includes launching many new products and technologies, with a global reach.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
% of Time or
1. Managing the day-to-day details of Clients' projects, from initiation to completion on time and within budget.
a. Keeps Supervisor advised of up-to-date details of projects.
b. Understands the intricacies of all jobs in order to communicate effectively with all Agency personnel to ensure assigned projects are correctly executed on time and within budget.
c. Assures that all Agency paperwork, estimates, billing, and timelines are correctly completed and filed.
- Manages delegated projects from start to finish with minimal Account Executive supervision.
- Prepares projects for submission to Client and Medical/Regulatory with regard to references and other supporting documentation. Coordinates with Client and Medical/Regulatory regarding cycling and approval of projects. Reviews Client and Medical/Regulatory changes with Account Executive to determine action.
- Interfaces with Client regarding deliveries, scheduling, project estimates and other miscellaneous issues.
- Assists Account Group in providing input for Creative Team and participates in creative development sessions.
- Handles projects and monitors expenditures for assigned Clients’ products.
- Develops timely and accurate project estimates with input from Traffic, Creative and Production Departments.
- Supplies Clients with accurate, timely reports (Tactical Calendars) of budgeted versus actual expenditures.
- Provides budget guidelines to Creative and Production Teams on assigned projects.
3. Assists the Account Group in the development of annual communications and media plans which support approved marketing strategies.
a. Actively participates in sessions with Clients, with questions and suggestions.
- On behalf of the Account Executives and Account Supervisors, investigates innovative media and sales promotional opportunities, including meeting with media representatives and other vendors, as appropriate.
- Conducts secondary research to support planning efforts.
4. Responsible for the initiation and maintenance of all documentation required for effective account management:
a. Gathers all pertinent information and develops complete and accurate project requisitions.
b. Creates, updates and distributes Client Status Reports on a regular basis in accordance with Client needs.
- Writes and distributes detailed conference reports for Client meetings on a timely basis.
- Creates other documents in accordance with Client needs.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree required
- Knowledge of advertising agency system, print production and creative procedures is required – equivalent to 2-4 years experience in advertising or related fields.
- Knowledge of both marketing and advertising is required.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Excellent management, analytical and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong systems organizational abilities.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced