- Responsible for compliance with applicable regulations and standards for Quality; Environment, Health, and Safety (EH&S) Global Policies; AbbVie Engineering Standards; and other governance areas as applicable. Identifies areas of risk with respect to compliance. Assists in development and revision of procedures and standards
- Facilitates the definition of a project scope with stakeholders. Converts goals to tasks and steps. Within structure, plans own work, manages several, often concurrent, tasks to accomplish assigned tasks to meet or exceed expectations (cost, quality, time). Participates in basic economic analysis and feasibility studies related to project alternatives under guidance. Jointly responsible for achieving the project’s financial targets in support of business objectives.
- Plans and conducts small-sized assigned projects within engineering specialty requiring conventional types of plans, investigations, and/or equipment. Implements plans; initiates execution of own work plan; monitors executions for adherence to plan, e.g. documents work status and reports to management with appropriate frequency. Coordinates with technical support personnel to conduct prototype or experimental runs of products or processes.
- Assists in the training of personnel required for the operation of facilities, processes, and equipment. Establishes contacts with supervisor, project leaders and other professionals in group.
- Keep aware of the changing technical and competitive environment as it relates to the business and share with co-workers. Participates and/or assists other engineers in the design of products/processes/equipment/systems/ facilities by applying standard engineering theories, concepts, and techniques within the discipline. Investigates, conducts tests, gathers data, performs preliminary analysis, report findings, and prepares and communicates recommendations and respective action plans.
- Interprets problems and either creates or modifies design solutions. Reviews existing layouts and standards and creates a proposed design. Applies standard engineering principles and methodologies to interpret, draw conclusions and recommend solutions for problems considering a broad range of factors. Improves methods/designs/processes. Recognizes and implements innovations and cost reductions.
- Builds relationships, initiates and cultivates open, honest relationships with colleagues, customers, contractors, and vendors by establishing rapport, developing an understanding of others’ needs, promoting common goals, and following through on commitments.
- Conveys information effectively through verbal, written, and presentations to stakeholders and team members, both internal and external to AbbVie, using appropriate communication protocols. Identifies ways to increase customer satisfaction. Documents agreements and commitments and keeps direct customers informed throughout the project or initiative.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, or closely related discipline is desired or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence.
- Entry level position, less than two years of experience is typical.
- Ability to quickly gain knowledge, understanding, or skill and willingly absorb and comprehend AbbVie processes, policies, and methods. Possess good human relation skills in both implementing and coordinating efforts involved across several disciplines.
- Interacts well with diverse groups within engineering and maintains strong working relationship with internal and external collaborators.
- Listens to and understands others’ points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one’s own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations.
- Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
- Ability to recognize risks versus the relative gains associated with actions.
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you would like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email CorpJat_ABV@abbvie.com.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced