Acerca de AbbVie
La misión de AbbVie es descubrir y distribuir medicamentos innovadores que resuelvan los serios problemas de salud de hoy y también abordar los desafíos médicos del mañana. Nos esforzamos por tener una repercusión excepcional en la vida de las personas con varias áreas terapéuticas claves: inmunología, oncología, neurociencia, cuidado de la vista, virología, y salud y gastroenterología de la mujer. Además, ofrecemos productos y servicios de la gama de Allergan Aesthetics. Para obtener más información sobre AbbVie, visítenos en www.abbvie.com. Siga a @abbvie en Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube y LinkedIn.
We believe the paths we take to achieving our breakthroughs matter. At AbbVie, every one of our 50,000* employees is a part of shaping those paths—and defining our way forward
Welcome to AbbVie!
At AbbVie, we offer you the resources and a global reach to empower your innovative mindset. From day one, we've known it takes teamwork and collaboration to develop the scientific breakthroughs, innovative pipelines, and therapies that change millions of patients' lives worldwide. In short, we know it takes "you" to make those ground-breaking advancements happen. We take pride in serving and supporting our communities and protecting the environment, creating a lasting impact that's felt within healthcare and beyond.
We are now recruiting a Snr. Accountant to join our team in Westport, Co. Mayo. As our new Snr. Accountant, you will have the opportunity to lead a business unit and guide our business leaders on all relevant financial matters, including strategy and process improvement. Joining an established and talented team, you will plan, control, administer, interpret, and report the financial affairs of the site business unit to ensure continued business growth and proficiency.
So if you are interested in career progression and working with an industry leader in biopharmaceuticals, read on to find out more and get your application started today.
In this role, you will be
- Financial Lead and primary finance point of contact for one of the manufacturing business units based in Westport.
- Providing financial support and guidance on all issues within the business unit
- Month end close activities – production process order reconciliations, absorption analysis, overhead spend breakdown, headcount assessment, variance analysis and narrative etc.
- Financial planning and analysis for the business unit – including monthly LBE’s, annual Plan and LRP
- Monitoring, reviewing and reporting of all key financial metrics within the business unit.
- Monitor and report on operations performance with monthly / weekly KPI’s to Senior Management Team and cross functional departments.
- Ensure all accounting and reporting procedures comply with SOX and internal control guidelines.
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations through Blackline
- Drive process improvement initiatives to deliver on business objectives
- Deliver full compliance with all regulatory requirements, including the support of external and internal audits.
- Variance Analysis – monthly management accounts must be reviewed for accuracy and reasonableness to identify any deviations from Plan and LBE thereby enabling corrective action to be taken if necessary
- Collaborate and maintain stakeholder relationships with cross functional departments – Supply Chain, Quality, Manufacturing, Operational Excellence etc.
Education and Experience:
- You will be a Qualified Accountant, with Third level qualification in business/accounting essential.
- Experience is people leadership is preferred with experience within a global manufacturing environment or multinational necessary.
- SAP and Blackline experience is preferred.
- Results-driven, striving to meet all targets and metric standards set by site/department and division leaders
So, does this all sound like the right role for you? Then join AbbVie!
AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Tipo de trabajo: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation