The Associate Director, Regulatory Affairs US Advertising and Promotion is responsible for setting strategy and leading cross-functional, multidisciplinary, therapeutic teams, and executes multidivisional initiatives. Envisions the future by using global marketplace, technology and business knowledge. Collects and analyzes issues and trends that affect the business. Identifies and acts upon cross-organization or cross-business opportunities. Possesses and leverages broad industry knowledge.
- Make decisions and plans for operations (work flow, assignments, staff development) within area of responsibility with minimal direction. Sets strategy and leads cross-functional/multidisciplinary therapeutic teams and multidivisional initiatives.
- Maintains and evaluates productivity metrics to project current and future business needs
- Aligns and maintains effective communication channels with key Medical, Marketing, Regulatory, Legal and Public Affairs counterparts. Identifies areas of improvement in process/policy, develops recommendations/plan, and leads initiatives.
- Assists in the management of the departmental budget, identifies and communicates budgetary needs to Operations and Finance, and identifies and projects current and future expenditures and business needs.
- Collects and analyzes issues/trends that affect business to identify and act on cross-organization or cross business opportunities. Effective use of knowledge of global marketplace, technology and business levels.
- Operates independently, with recognition of when to consult departmental senior concerning risks. In absence of Director, is responsible for day-to-day operations. Responsible for departmental initiatives, which have significant impact on both internal and external customers.
- Encourages innovation and holds employees accountable for delivering on their goals; recognizes, mentors, rewards and recommends promotion for staff members based on their performance, results, and development.
- Exhibits solid understanding of regulations, and guidance of regulatory authorities, political and legal climate and industry practices related to advertising and promotions to assist in meeting organizational goals. Possesses and leverages broad industry knowledge
- Develops and implements complex processes and projects and develops and delivers strategic presentations for senior management
- Identifies areas of improvement in process, policy, develops recommendations/plan and leads initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in science (biology, chemistry, microbiology, immunology, medical technology, pharmacy, pharmacology, nursing, pharmacy)
- Relevant Master’s or Ph. D, or advanced scientific or law degree preferred
- Certification a plus
- 8 years industry related experience preferred
- 8 years in pharmaceutical experience with an emphasis on RA strategy or US Advertising and Promotion preferred.
- Experience working in a complex and matrix environment
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience developing and implementing successful global regulatory strategies
- Experience in management capacity preferred
Applicable to California Applicants Only
- The below range is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in California.
This range may be modified in the future.
- The salary range is (minimum: _$126,500_ to maximum:_$247,000__)
- This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive program
- This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs
- We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
- Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Responsabilidades Principales: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Tipo de trabajo: Experienced