The Sr. Manager, HR is responsible for leveraging best-in-class HR practices to continually construct, deliver, and support programs that establish AbbVie as an employer of choice while empowering all employees at all levels of the organization. They will serve as a strategic partner to the business, developing HR strategies, needs assessments, and resulting HR solutions.
- Responsible for conducting job evaluations, job and decision rights analysis and analyzing employee data to develop workforce strategy. Responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of all HR programs and services. Responsible for HR results in the business, including client satisfaction, HR effectiveness and associated financial results.
- Establish, build and maintain strong relationships with key HR partners from all Practice Areas and Service Centers to ensure elements of HR are successfully coordinated to meet business needs, including relationship management, leadership, HR roles/responsibilities, and service delivery commitments.
- Act as ambassador of the HR organization to represent the services and resources available to the business and help manage the collective reputation of the HR organization.
- Effective business presentation skills utilizing effective visuals and charts in PowerPoint. Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and Procedures.
- Assist or lead proposals and recommendations to resolve strategically important issues affecting a business segment.
- Manage and leverage human and financial resources within scope of delivered project services while supporting a segment of the business. Facilitate and implement change and ensure that day-to-day activities are moving forward.
- Manage delivery of HR services across a segment of the business. Ensure appropriate amount of resource planning is accounted for by Centers of Excellence to support the needs of the respective business segment.
- Understand and utilize historical and broad organizational data when weighing business HR decisions and actions. Utilize ability to identify trends and new approaches in HR and develop new approaches to business processes. Responsible for initiatives and changes to current business processes must have a clear linkage with other organizational efforts being proposed or already ongoing in the respective business.
- Assist in the diagnosis, development and delivery of HR strategies, programs and services that influence and drive the needs of the respective business. Utilize skills in data analysis and survey results analysis to help generate insights around talent, culture and engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in Human Resources, Industrial and Labor Relations or in a highly related field of study preferred.
- 6+ years of dynamic and meaningful experience in HR.
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills with detail orientation.
- Self-starter, someone who thinks “outside-the-box” to come up with creative ideas and solutions and who is not afraid to ask questions.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo. Seeks process improvement opportunities.
- Learns fast, grasps the “essence” and can change the course quickly, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Experience and interest in working with data & analytics: Transforms data into insights, and insights into stories which will help inform decisions around talent, culture and engagement.
- Adept in use of Excel and PowerPoint skills to support concept to influential storytelling.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced