Provides engineering support to Packaging to trouble shoot and resolve complex problems involved with day-to-day production operations. Monitor the day-to-day performance of the packaging departments. Develop, propose, implement and/or follow up on all packaging equipment, improvements involved in ongoing operations (e.g., variable cost, productivity, quality, reliability, and maintenance).
This position is responsible for the following:
- Timely resolve of production problems and issues as they arise.
- Leading packaging equipment and packaging equipment automation improvement projects which deliver Cost, OEE and / or Compliance improvements
- Driving engineering and production processes improvement utilizing Lean and MEP (Maintenance Excellence Program) principles.
- Providing on-the-job training to new mechanics on the technical aspects of the production.
- Mastery of technical production related competencies (e.g., understand production information, build/assembly processes, etc.)
- Interface with cross functional teams (e.g., Quality, Operations, Maintenance, etc.) to understand design issues and opportunities to improve production effectiveness and efficiency
- Interface with Packaging Engineering and Operations to resolve design issues and communicate opportunities to tailor design to improve manufacturability
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to influence change
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Responsabilidades Principales: N/A
Tipo de trabajo: Experienced