The Environmental Health & Safety Engineer IV manages Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) activities at the Waco facility and serves as a technical resource regarding compliance with EHS policies and occupational safety regulatory requirements.
This position is responsible for the following:
- Inspires Waco Employees to follow established EHS Systems.
- Develops and maintains productive and effective relationships with peers and superiors while demonstrating a high standard of work ethics and professionalism at all times.
- Interfaces with regulatory agency personnel during facility inspections.
- Manages the following:
- Ensures facility is in compliance with all applicable environmental health and safety laws, rules and regulations.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and facilitate training programs in relation to environmental health and safety.
- Monitors current and pending legislation relating to operations at the Waco facility and assess new developments affecting the facility’s operation.
- Implements and maintains plant procedures to effectively control accident and health exposures in the facility.
- Evaluates hazardous conditions and practices and implements and maintains hazard control practices and programs.
- Investigates safety incidents and recommending corrective and preventative action and implement as necessary or as directed.
- Performs department safety audits.
- Maintains and modifies as necessary the facility’s emergency response plan.
- Plans, schedules, and conducts fire and evacuation drills.
- Performs wastewater sampling, solid and hazardous waste sampling and air monitoring.
- Develops recycling programs.
- Works with the first aid/CPR and Hazmat Team
Incumbent has full authority to make decisions and/or take action that is required to carry out job duties. Internal requirements include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, cGMP procedures, general business policies, requirements and objectives. The incumbent must be willing to take temporary assignments as required.
Regulated Responsibilities (including cGMP and EHS)
Incumbent is expected to be fully compliant with all criteria established by governmental agencies, Ministry of Health, and legislative requirements including, but not limited to: the FDA, European Community (EC), ISO 13485 - Medical Devices, European Economic Community Medical Device Directive (MDD), Canadian Medical Device Regulations (CMDR), OSHA, Sarbanes-Oxley, EPA, DOT, EEOC, and ADA.
Incumbent will work to ensure that the company is in compliance with all environmental, health and safety requirements and assure our business practices enhance the welfare of our customers, employees and the community in which we operate.
Education and Experience:
Functional user knowledge of Microsoft Office. SAP experience preferred.
Pharmaceutical manufacturing and production experience preferred. Knowledge and experience working in a GMP regulated environment preferred.
Experience working in an Aseptic Production environment preferred.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong skills with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Understanding of EHS regulations (OSHA, EPA, etc.)
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and presentational)
- Strong influencing skills
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced