The Allergan Medical Institute® (AMI) is dedicated to promoting excellence in clinical practice and improving patient outcomes. As a world leader in medical aesthetics, Allergan Aesthetics (AA) is deeply committed to keeping clinicals at the forefront of facial aesthetics by providing omnichannel Medical Education Events that are designed and executed to develop educational journey of HCP (Health Care Providers) and upskill them with the use of AA facial injectables products. JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the AMI Lead, Sr. Manager Medical Education is accountable for developing, executing, and managing Allergan Medical Institute (AMI) medical education programs focused on educating aesthetic healthcare providers (HCPs) on the Facial Aesthetics portfolio of products; BOTOX Vista® and JUVÉDERM Vista® Collection of Fillers. In this role, the Sr. Manager Medical Education, fosters strong relationships internally with brand marketing teams, sales personnel, , legal and compliance and externally with the AMI Faculty, Key Opinion Leaders, HCPs, agency partners, and assists in creating innovative, best-in-class product education initiatives including HCP educational training including events, digital education, and HCP development to support the overall goals and objectives of the company. The successful candidate will have experience working in a multi-faceted high-paced matrix environment, strong communication and collaborations skills, ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and work under pressure, is a self-starter and able to accomplish objectives and tasks on-time and within budget.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES EDUCATION ACTIVITIES
• Develop the AMI annual brand plan and execute on key strategies.
• Develop, execute, and manage medical education programs/curriculums and operations, with a focus on enhancing customer engagement and experience on AA products - BOTOX® Cosmetic and JUVÉDERM® Collection of Fillers.
• Support the AMI Lead in Faculty development strategy and execution of this plan on a yearly and continuous basis
• Strategically enhance and manage the ‘AMI Faculty of Experts’ speaker’s bureau to develop advocates of AMI Medical Education strategy for the purpose of promoting the proper use of AA products
• Assist the Event Manager in planning and executing small- and large-scale programs and symposiums.
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously and be able to prioritize activities based on business need and impact
• Manage and review monthly program analytics and present findings/recommendations.
• Effectively manage and direct agency partners on program operations, structure, and content.
• Cultivate strong relationships with cross functional departments.
• Ensure programs are executed compliantly and in-line with regulatory and legal regulations.
• Take a proactive approach in researching new trends in facial aesthetics.
• Manage the teams’ expenses within the agreed budget and contribute towards the setting of future budgets.
• Travel to select programs, events, and conventions.
• Partner closely with the Brand team in creating innovative, best-in-class product education initiatives that support the overall goals and objectives of the brands.
• Ensure you are fully briefed on all marketing campaigns and materials and their related strategies. Review marketing materials prior to their use or communication to determine whether you should take a lead or supporting role.
• Constantly seek to and provide impactful and innovative training and educational materials, resources, and programs that enable the in-field team in maximizing their customer interactions.
• Design and implement achievable yet stretch and strategically aligned goals that support the strategic direction of the company. Monitor the progress of these goals and implement coaching improvement strategies where necessary.
• Create a positive team environment through the demonstration of strong leadership behaviors, including communicating expectations clearly, instilling an atmosphere of trust and respect, and leading by example.
• Use a mix of coaching and development tools to help each team member realize their full potential. Performing all related people management activities, including recruiting new team members, conducting performance reviews, coaching for improved performance, reward and recognition, etc.
WORKPLACE HEALTH & SAFETY
• Proactively participate in Allergan’s WHS programs, adhere to policies and promote a safe work environment at all times.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher.
• Successful completion of relevant tertiary qualifications – science, healthcare or business related is preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Brand Strategy and design:
• Minimum 5 years of marketing or medical roles within Aesthetic/Pharmaceutical/Device or consumer goods experience.
• A strong understanding of educational program delivery as part of a marketing/brand management role is preferred.
• Experience in brand management roles/ medical tsrategy and education/ KOL development & event management would be advantageous.
• Strong commercial, marketing/brand management background with a proven track record of achieving targets.
• Passion and enthusiasm for education and driving behavioral change
People Management and Development:
• Minimum 3 years of experience in managing the team.
• Provides timely and constructive feedback, instruction and guidance to strengthen specific knowledge and skill areas to optimize injector skill levels.
• Proactively mentors and coaches people and adapts coaching style to each team member across all levels.
• Dedicated to helping others learn and improve their skill-sets based on individual needs and the needs of the company.
• Strategic thinking and ability to execute on tactics on time
• Financial/budgetary experience
• Self-starter, able to collaborate with others to accomplish objectives
• Ability to effectively interact with all levels of executive management
• Ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with a high level of efficiency and be flexible with changing task.
• Ability to effectively engage with customers in a professional and compliant manner
• Outstanding organization skills with close attention to detail
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to build relationships, collaborate and influence key external and internal stakeholders
• Strong creative and conceptual thinking skills
• Strong problem resolution skills
• Excellent presentation, communication & writing skills
• Intermediate or above skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Sr. Manager Medical Education Page 3
• Receptivity to feedback – welcomes and acts on feedback and displays humility
• Navigates ambiguity – positively and proactively reacts to and manages ambiguous or unclear situations
• Advanced Japanese and English
• Ability to travel both internationally and domestically
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.