- Partnering with internal stakeholders and with Global Payroll Vendor (GPV) to process payroll and resolve payroll transactions that are in error
- Review and validate payroll files (eg. Payroll Reconciliation File, Bank File) and reports generated internally or by the GPV and approve for processing.
- Support pre-payroll activities (eg. finalize data entry, review master data file quality, and confirm time/payroll data completeness).
- Assist in resolving input errors (and other errors) from the third party vendors or internal AbbVie stakeholders.
- Assist in resolving Bank Errors (with AbbVie Treasury’s support).
- Support Year-End Payroll processing activities (eg. develop and provide payroll calendar, review year-end tax reports and notify AbbVie employees of availability of tax information).
- Respond to internal AbbVie stakeholders (Tax, Treasury, Finance and BHR) with regard to questions or issues they have raised around payroll data and/or payroll reports.
- Answer employee/manager queries or assist GPV with other queries it cannot resolve.
- Lead smaller global, regional and country specific projects and participate on global project teams.
- Some travel may be required
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts with a concentration in Finance / Accounting.
- 5-7 years of payroll operational experience. Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Workday and experience integrating with 3rd party applications.
- Strong customer orientation and a work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, in English
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment, as well as to get results through collaboration and coordination with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Good analytical and process diagnostic skills and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture. Strong spreadsheet and database skills. Continuous improvement orientation.
- Strong project management skills. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and requests.
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced