Acerca de AbbVie
La misión de AbbVie es descubrir y distribuir medicamentos innovadores que resuelvan los serios problemas de salud de hoy y también abordar los desafíos médicos del mañana. Nos esforzamos por tener una repercusión excepcional en la vida de las personas con varias áreas terapéuticas claves: inmunología, oncología, neurociencia, cuidado de la vista, virología, y salud y gastroenterología de la mujer. Además, ofrecemos productos y servicios de la gama de Allergan Aesthetics. Para obtener más información sobre AbbVie, visítenos en www.abbvie.com. Siga a @abbvie en Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube y LinkedIn.
Head of Precision Medicine Oncology
The Head, Precision Medicine Oncology and Disease Strategy is accountable for all Precision Medicine strategies to support assets in the Oncology portfolio. This role has multiple strategically important aspects that require the incumbent to provide strong cross-functional and leadership across diverse stakeholders comprising Senior Leadership in Discovery and Development Therapeutic Areas, Global Commercial Development and Global Medical Affairs.
First the incumbent is expected to provide a clear vision for the translational discovery and development of clinical biomarkers with validation in clinical studies across the Hematological malignancy, solid tumors and immune-oncology portfolios. The impact of these strategies is expected to inform dose selection through development of robust PD and mechanistic insights in translational models and patients. Additionally, the identification of predictive markers and clinical validation is expected to strongly influence clinical development strategy and interpretation of data from clinical studies through prospective analysis of predictive hypotheses. These clinical insights, taken together with translation research and disease strategy data, should inform on proof of mechanism, identify opportunities for combination studies and direct enrolment of patient populations that are predicted to respond to Abbvie Oncology clinical candidates, ranging from selection of tumor types to specific molecularly defined patient sub-populations.
Additionally, the incumbent is expected to create a vision and guide execution of overarching disease strategy framework to guide teams in Development and Discovery stages to identify key disease opportunities and or patient segments that are driven by mechanisms that are currently being explored in the internal portfolio, can be addressed with novel combinations, or may be accessed through BD partnerships with external companies. This framework is expected to leverage or generate comprehensive molecular data that are highly annotated with clinical phenotypes from internal samples/datasets and/or from external partnerships. The development of this framework and the associated disease strategies that it informs will require the incumbent to leverage resources in her/his team, as well as cross-functionally, to align the goals of these strategies with teams in the Abbvie portfolio. This work should include the development and clinical validation of molecular markers that may serve as surrogate endpoints. Given the anticipated broad reaching impact of these strategies the incumbent is expected to create strong aligned partnerships with colleagues in clinical development, global medical affairs, and Discovery as well as with advanced analytics groups across Abbvie.
Finally, the development of companion diagnostic and comprehensive diagnostic assays is a critical element of the Precision Medicine Strategy. The Head of Oncology is expected to effectively partner with the Head of Companion Diagnostic to direct the development of CDx and comprehensive diagnostics to maximize patient access to Abbvie Oncology drugs.
The incumbent is expected to provide strong partnership with the Convergence Digital Platform to ensure that its success in addressing Precision Medicine Assets and Disease Strategic needs across all therapeutic areas. The incumbent will join the Convergence core team and will be expected to strongly influence direction based upon Precision Medicine and Clinical Development needs.
The successful candidate will enjoy broad support for his/her vision at Abbvie. To empower this role, the incumbent will serve as a standing member of the Precision Medicine Leadership team, Therapeutic Area Steering Committee and Solid Tumor Acceleration Development Steering committee and as contributor at Development Review Committee, Research Review Committees when Oncology assets are discussed.
This is an unprecedented opportunity to provide leadership for Precision Medicine programs and Disease Strategies across the Abbvie pipeline, focused on an industry leading Oncology.
- MD/PHD or PHD with extensive experience working in the application of Precision Medicine and translational biology approaches to inform clinical development.
- It is expected that the incumbent is recognized across the field as a thought leader in the area of Oncology ideally leveraging clinco-genomic data and approaches to solve clinical stage needs/questions.
- The incumbent should have an excellent publication record generated from at least 15 years in academia and or in a Biopharma setting.
- The role described above is a Senior Leadership role at Abbvie and therefore the incumbent is expected to have extensive experience at this level in large organizations with evidence of having influenced at an enterprise level and aligned across complex stakeholder interfaces, resulting in a strong track record of successful development of impactful R&D strategies
Applicable to California Applicants Only
- The below range is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in California.
This range may be modified in the future.
- The salary range is (minimum: _$225,500__ to maximum:_$433,500___)
- This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive program
- This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs
- We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
- Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Responsabilidades Principales: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Viaje: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Tipo de trabajo: Experienced
Minimum Salary $222,500
Maximum Salary $433,500
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation