- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Performs preventive maintenance work as assigned and utilize multi-skill capabilities and expertise to do other work as delegated by Group Leader, Supervisor, and/or senior trades persons.
- Performs routine mechanical tasks and PM procedures on clean air centers, bio safety cabinets, and HEPA filters, including decontamination of equipment and facilities located throughout AbbVie Lake County Operations.
- With experience, may assume more difficult and complicated assignments including duties and responsibilities indicated under Senior Environmental Technician.
- Must know how to use a full complement of mechanics hand tools, test equipment such as multimeters, flow hoods, photometers, aerosol generator, hot wire manometer, and various power tools, etc.
- Must possess an understanding of HVAC theory and applications, must have the ability to understand basic schematic drawings on mechanical parts, and will have the ability to perform basic trouble analysis and mechanical repairs and to help install ESE equipment/accessories.
- Must be familiar with AbbVie Engineering Standards as they apply to HVAC and environmental systems, and know basic CMMS functions and how to use various inquiries pertaining to maintenance activities. Ability to order materials and parts from the stockroom and initiate work orders
- Must have a high school education or equivalent and an understanding of applied environmental system theory and hands on work experience in a commercial or industrial work environment.
- Must possess good communication skills
- Must know all CMMS functions that pertain to maintenance, PM and related activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree (EHS related, Engineering, chemistry)
- Must have strong interpersonal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
- Must have the ability to solve a wide range of problems with support from EH&S professional staff on complex issues.
- Must be proficient in MS Office products
Applicable to California Applicants Only
- The below range is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in California.
This range may be modified in the future.
- The salary range is (minimum: _$21.39 to maximum:_$39.18)
- This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive program
- This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs
- We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
- Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Responsabilidades Principales: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Tipo de trabajo: Experienced