AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
We’re looking for a full-stack software developer who has a background with building web applications on cloud infrastructure and deploying these applications with modern containerization. The successful candidate should be able to rapidly and iteratively build business critical solutions using their technical expertise in software development, data visualization, and data warehousing. Being able to interpret business requirements and bring delightful solutions is a core ability for this position. You’ll be part of a small team of highly motivated developers and will be responsible for delivering multiple software solutions year over year. Sharing and leading our team with your expertise in) web app development and cloud deployment (Docker/Kubernetes is an essential function of this role.
- Independently design and develop data, software, or technology solutions to answer scientific or business questions. Demonstrate proficiency across a range of technologies related to the storage, transfer, integration, visualization, and analysis of large and complex data sets.
- Consistently deliver projects in a timely manner. Perform routine and complex tasks competently and independently and generate reliable and consistent results.
- Understand the broad objectives of the project as well as his/her role in achieving those objectives and modify approach when required.
- Effectively organize and present project objectives and progress.
- Implement new methods and technologies.
- Obtain estimates/quotes from vendors and provide as input into overall project time and cost estimates.
- Produces and maintains required technical documentation associated with work product.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 4 years’ experience or Master’s Degree with 2 years’ experience
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Java, Python
- Familiarity with database technology such as Oracle, and MarkLogic.
- Familiarity with XML,XSLT, XQuery
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a strong plus.
- Previous life-sciences background is a plus.
- Ability to multitask and work within timelines.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge to carry out the job functions.
- Strong written and oral English communication skills.
Must have Skills:
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced