The Associate Director, TPM Finance will provide financial leadership, business expertise, guidance, and support to the functional leaders supporting Third Party Manufacturing for Finished Goods and Devices and the Imbruvica business units. The position executes a full range of controllership responsibilities including financial controls, reporting, planning, and financial analysis. The position is expected to seek out cost saving opportunities and assist in managing the organization in achieving optimum financial performance. This position is part of AbbVie’s Operations Finance group and requires a creative individual with the ability to grasp and implement concepts with a minimum amount of supervision. This individual should possess strong analytical, communication, and leadership skills. This position will lead direct reports and indirect reports.
- Provide sound financial analysis and cost estimates/scenario planning for functional decision making.
- Coordinate, consolidate, and manage the development and reporting of Actuals, Plan, Latest Best Estimate (LBE) and Long Range Plan (LRP) including capital, expense, and headcount.
- Lead the annual standards setting process, including driving cross functional alignment between Supply Planning, Purchasing, Operations TPM support, and Brand teams.
- Provide financial leadership to achieve strategic and day-to-day business objectives. Provide leadership, direction, guidance, and development to financial support staff, including indirect leadership for staff located in VLOG. Providing financial support to Operations Management.
- Establish new product costs and provide financial support for key contract negotiations.
- Provide financial guidance related to Operating Budgets and Strategic Business Issues. Present financial data that is clear and concise thereby enhancing the management decision making process. Partner with Operations to develop budgets for Strategic Programs.
- General Accounting- Ensure adequate financial and system controls are established and maintained consistent with AbbVie Corporate Financial Manual (CFM) policies and procedures as well as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Ensure uniform and consistent recording and reporting of fiscal transactions. Maintain the integrity and control of general ledger accounts through review and analysis. Document internal control procedures and ensure compliance.
- Reporting/Control - Ensure compliance with all Operations Finance deadlines. Ensure protection and proper use of company assets. Approve Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) expenditures per policy. Report operating results to the Management. Monitor completion of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations. Lead and coordinate successful completion of all Financial audits (SOX, External, Internal, PBM audits). Lead annual consigned inventory counts at third party manufacturers.
- Partner closely with Associate Director, Madison TPM Finance in joint support of FG&D Operations Director.
- Chicagoland area preferred
- B.S./B.A. Accounting/Finance preferred.
- 8 plus years relevant finance experience. Cost accounting experience preferred.
- 3 plus years supervisory experience.
- Comfortable presenting to large audiences and all levels of management.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and SAP.
- CPA/MBA preferred.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced