Position: P2P Business Partner Specialist. - Immunology
Reports to: Immunology Business Unit Director
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott. The company’s mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. AbbVie employs approximately 25,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
For more information, please visit www.abbvie.com. Follow us on
Summary of Job Description:
The role of the Local Key User (LKU) is to support the end to end Procure to Pay (P2P) processes, providing best in class service to the affiliate, and ensuring all P2P activities such as vendor engagements, vendor payments, vendor set up, are processed in line with AbbVie policies and procedures and within timeframes set out by policy, ensuring that the affiliate is compliant. This role is also responsible for providing administrative support to the Immunology Business Unit Director.
Shopping carts and purchase orders:
- Provide guidance for the creation of agreements (and review as required)
- Check and validate the details on the shopping cart request form received from the requestor
- Ensure there is sufficient documentation attached to the request form such as an agreement, CSJ, SOW, MSA satisfying finance, audit and compliance requirements
- Confirm Vendor Master details and maintain Vendor spreadsheet in Immunology Teams File
- Enter the shopping cart request form details into SRM
- Follow up budgetary and financial approvers for their approvals
- Monitor PO approvals process – if an agreement is associated with a PO, ensure SRM signatory workflow is followed
- Provide PO number to the requestor
Monitoring purchase orders:
- Review the monthly open PO report during mid-month and month end and advise whether PO’s should remain open, be amended or be closed off. Flag issues and ensure the correct accruals are being made. Liaise with requestor where necessary
- Process any required changes to PO’s via a POCN
- Confirm that PO’s which were requested to be closed have been actioned correctly.
- Confirm invoice has been posted to correct PO and is compliant. If not liaise with Invoice Resolutions and PO initiator to correct.
- Forward invoice requests to PO initiator, requesting approval to process for payment.
- Receipt invoice once approval is received.
- Advise PO initiator when PO is close to expiry or low on funds. Amend PO as required.
- Amend PO as required.
Administrative Check Requests:
- Check whether the vendor is set up with the correct bank details
- Gather all the supporting documentation
- Check and validate the details on the ACR form received by the requestor to ensure the correct cost center, product code and GL codes have been stated
- Raise the ACR in SRM and attach all supporting documentation as stated on the ACR form
- Follow up any budgetary and financial approvers for their approvals
- Execute the end-to-end vendor engagement process from initiation to contract filing in coordination with the Business Owner in a timely manner and in line with AbbVie policies
- Develop and maintain a customer-centric focus to deliver outcomes for the business in the most effective, efficient, and compliant manner
- Actively drive continuous improvement in the vendor engagement process and enhance the level of automation through the smart use of IT platforms and user-friendly interfaces
- Effectively collaborate with stakeholders within AbbVie locally and globally as well as with AbbVie’s partners to nurture relationships and build trust
- Be a subject matter expert and provide advice to others in all relevant Abbvie policies and processes as it relates to the vendor engagement process (eg. Guide to Buy Processes).
- Liaise and coordinate the relevant input of different subject matter experts in Purchasing, Finance, OEC, IT Security & Risk Assessment, Legal Data Privacy, Quality Assurance, Pharmacovigilance, Document Retention and Records Management to process the setting up and maintenance of MSAs.
Vendor Master Data Maintenance: (back-support to cover leave or urgent requests)
- Vendor creation / set up – ensure all documents are attached, including correct bank details provided by the vendor (via the Banking Verification Form) and obtaining evidence such as deposit slip, invoice, or letter of notification
- Assist in vendor inquiries from an affiliate perspective only
- Resolve blocked invoices and invoice resolution
- Determine whether any due diligence requirements are needed and implement if required
Reconciliations and monthly reporting:
- Clear off open PO’s and ACR’s from monthly reporting
- Looking into and resolve any bank open items, GRIR, down payments monthly
- Complete the SRM Approval Authorisation Form and liaise with the SRM team for submission
- Assist in the maintenance of the SRM approver master data list
- Monthly reconciliation of any CTE claims and issues which may have happened
- Maintain Immunology team email distribution lists / contact list
- Provide Administrative support and assistance to the Immunology Director, including but not limited to calendar bookings, meeting organization and catering, other general admin duties as required.
- Minimum tertiary qualification
- Experience in Procure to Pay
- Pharmaceutical Industry Experience (desirable)
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- System skills
- Microsoft suite including Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams
- Contract Management portal
- Customer centric and commercially minded focus with prior experience working in commercial organizations
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Effective negotiation Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective internal and external stakeholder management and communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team as well as in a matrix environment
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to proactively identify opportunities for process improvement and execute on bringing ideas to fruition
- Strong attention to detail and numeracy skills
- Strong time management and prioritization skills required to coordinate and manage multiple cross-functional work processes and projects
All for One AbbVie
Clear and Courageous
Decide Smart and Sure
Agile and Accountable
Make Possibilities Real
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced