A career in which you can achieve more? We Offer That.
Looking for challenges where you can grow? We Offer That.
A career where all your skills can come into play? We Offer That.
Welcome to AbbVie! As part of an international company with 48,000 employees worldwide and around 3,000 employees in Germany, you will have the opportunity to work closely with us to address the health challenges of tomorrow. Do you have a passion for improving health care around the world and for using your expertise to improve patients' quality of life? In a challenging work environment that allows you to broaden and develop your own skills? You’ve found the right place!
Further develop your expertise and join our team as
Scientist Mass Spectrometry and protein characterization (all genders)
in Ludwigshafen am Rhein.
For the NBE Analytical R&D Department in Development Sciences at AbbVie’s Ludwigshafen site, we are seeking a lab scientist focused on the mass spectrometric characterization of therapeutic proteins (mAbs, ADCs etc.) with high personal responsibility. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced scientist with a deep understanding of the relevant software and instrumentation to join our motivated and dynamic team.
- Independently design, execute and interpret critical MS experiments to answer critical scientific questions.
- Understand the broad objectives of our projects as well as their own role in achieving those objectives.
- Establish new workflows for ultra-sensitive MS-based characterization of proteins.
- Modify experimental plans when required, to respond, learn, understandunderstand, and master new experimental techniques and protocols, and act as a resource or mentor for others.
- Support our pipeline projects by mass spectrometric analyses.
- Set and meet experimental timelines.
- Effectively organize and present scientific plans and data.
- Routinely read and apply relevant scientific literature and to impact refine existing and create new workflows to positively impact projects. mostly through lab-based activities where applicable.
- Contribute to conceptual framework and writing of publications, presentations, and patents.
- Enrich our group through open and critical scientific discussions
This is how you can make a difference:
- You hold a Bachelor's degree or equivalent education with typically 7 or more years of experience or Master's degree or equivalent education with typically 5 or more years of experience in chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, pharmacy, or related field
- Demonstrated ability to independently design, execute and interpret critical experiments to answer scientific questions.
- You have experience in the control and in the daily maintenance of high-resolution mass spectrometers (QTOF or Orbitrap)
- Experience in comprehensive characterization of monoclonal antibodies in industry or academia is a plus (e.g. peptide mapping, intact mass analysis)
- You are skilled to analyze and present data in broader context and eager to defend data during scientific debate
- Additional protein analytical experience (e.g. SEC, IEX, HIC, CE) is beneficial
- As a highly motivated, self-driven and results-oriented person with excellent communication and presentation skills you are driven by innovative ways of thinking to improve processes, methods, systems, products or services
- You bring a demonstrated ability to learn, understand and master new experimental techniques.
- As a global acting company we presume excellent communication skills, including written and oral English and German
What we offer you:
- a diverse area of work where you can make a real difference
- an open company culture
- attractive remuneration
- intensive onboarding by a mentor
- flexible work models for a healthy work-life balance
- corporate health management with comprehensive health and exercise programs
- corporate social benefits
- diverse career options in an international organization
- high-level, attractive career development opportunities
- a strong international network
At AbbVie, your individual contributions count – help us achieve more together. Be a part of it and grow with us – go above and beyond!
Sounds like the perfect career opportunity for you? We look forward to receiving your application. All you need is a complete CV – anything else will be discussed in person, where possible, if general suitability is determined.
Have questions? Email us at TalentAcquisition.email@example.com – we look forward to hearing from you!
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.