Want to be part of a high performing team? We offer that
Ready to invest in your career? We offer that too
Welcome to AbbVie!
At AbbVie, we offer you the resources and a global reach to empower your innovative mindset. From day one, we’ve known it takes teamwork and collaboration to develop the scientific breakthroughs, innovative pipelines, and therapies that change millions of patients’ lives around the world. In short, we know it takes “you” to make those ground-breaking advancements happen. We take pride in serving and supporting our communities and protecting the environment, making a lasting impact that's felt within healthcare and beyond
We are now hiring a Category Manager (all genders) to join our diverse Team.
The Cagtegory Manager Construction Engineering, Facilities and Equipment & Maintenance/MRO will be primarily responsible for creating and implementing the company’s global sourcing strategies associated with the indirect categories of Capex Equipment Construction & Engineering, Maintenance/MRO & Facilities Management. The role will work closely with global cross-functional teams and the Ludwigshafen PSM and site to drive a competitive advantage and identify new opportunities to improve Assurance of Supply, Value, Quality, Service, and Mitigate Risk.
Will work closely with key stakeholders across the organization developing strong relationships, institutionalize category management and Supplier Relationship Management. Will work in collaboration with other Sourcing Teams to ensure that project sourcing & procurement activities within these categories are synchronized across the enterprise and scale is leveraged appropriately. Responsible for ensuring the delivery of approved sourcing strategies at the affiliate and divisional levels in concert with the Corporation’s overall strategies. The position’s objective is to manage the execution of multiple sourcing strategies to obtain the maximum value for the money spent throughout the Corporation measured through the delivery of cost savings.
Reporting to Associate Director Global Procurement, the Category Manager will be located at the Ludwigshafen facility.
Your Main Responsibilities are:
- Source Capital Equipment, construction, design and Services, IFM, MRO including assisting with the category strategy development, category sourcing plan execution, and projects execution to optimize value.
- Proactively drives strategic sourcing activities in collaboration with stakeholders to achieve procurement objectives, utilizing strong category management skills, including conducting opportunity analysis, supplier competitive landscape, requirements definition, developing bid lists, evaluating proposals, supplier selection, supplier relationship management (SRM), process optimization and execution of commercial agreements.
- Develops and manages supplier relationships and issue resolution of moderate to high complexity, support project team in resolution of issues.
- Support category performance targets and participates on team to achieve goals.
- Review existing and negotiates new local & global contracts for key areas of spend and is an expert resource for planning and leading complex contract negotiations.
- Leverage strong influencing skills to define sourcing role and aligns project objectives and targets with stakeholders.
- Monitor key suppliers’ performance, ensures effective Supplier Relationship Management to drive continuous improvements.
- Full responsibility for running local tenders, support global strategy development and execution (using negotiations and/or e-sourcing tool).
- Drive (local) strategy to address investment needs of all categories.
- Ensure compliance of policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Define and set up project implementation plans that meet the agreed strategic sourcing goals. Set priorities and adapt where necessary.
- Establish effective contract performance metrics (KPIs), SLAs and re-establish financial baseline, if required. Measure savings results following project implementation. Report monthly results to GPS Finance.
- Set-up quarterly/annual business reviews with internal stakeholders and suppliers, aiming at tracking continuous improvement initiatives promoting quality standards and profitability, fostering the exchange of ideas and information.
- Responsible for supplier management and Supplier Performance Program.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years progressive experience in Procurement with an emphasis on Tendering, Sourcing & Category Management
- Languages: fluent in English & German (Abbvie’s business language is English)
- Relevant experience working in/with a manufacturing environment required; Pharma/Biotech industry preferred with strong experience and capability in the required category profile
- Robust Category and project management skills
- Strong skills in spend and performance analysis
- Experience in Project Management
- Expertise in large scale Capex Equipment Construction & Engineering, Maintenance/MRO & Facilities Management, understanding of current market conditions demonstrated ability to drive savings using different category strategies
- Demonstrated ability to drive results in an expedient manner quickly gathering information and consensus along with making sound decisions
- Proven experience in negotiating, reviewing and managing stakeholder requirements; contract terms and conditions; policies and procedures
- Strong time management – achieving milestones
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously within matrix organisation
- Ensuring strong and robust communications with all stakeholders (internal and external) Communicate a clear view of the implementation objectives
- Ability to manage multi-cultural relationships
Are you ready now to be part of this innovative diverse team? Apply Now!
We are looking forward to your application. Please provide information about your salary expectations and possible start date in your motivation letter.
An equal opportunity employer. AbbVie welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Learn more about AbbVie Deutschland at www.abbvie.de. Visit www.abbvie-care.de for more information about the therapeutic areas in which we’re active.
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced