The role of the Business Services Group (BSG) Congress Account Manager II is to manage Global Congresses through successful project management, planning and delivery, while building strong working relationships with brand teams and medical affairs. This person will own the end-to-end delivery and execution of large, complex congresses along with other meeting and event activities utilizing standard process and procedures to achieve team satisfaction.
- 60-75% of time is spent managing Tier 1 congress activity across all Therapeutic Areas. Tier 1 congresses are our largest and most complex congresses in terms of size, scope and spend. They include participation across multiple Abbvie HQ functions and involve the largest number of stakeholders and ancillary meetings, including affiliate meetings.
- Communicate the service and BSG value proposition to internal stakeholders. Assist internal stakeholders to understand and conform to Abbvie and industry guidelines and standards.
- Leads monthly or quarterly cross-functional stakeholder meetings on congress planning, forecasting activities and trends within the Therapeutic Areas
- Leads the annual planning/budgeting process with the Therapeutic Areas and BSG management.
- Responsible for the preparation and tracking of budgets, throughout the lifecycle of each congress.
- Identify, quantify and report cost avoidance/savings measures on all congress elements.
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert for CAM team on training updates and congress execution trends, as needed
- Leads the onboarding process and manages the training for all new CAM team members
- Conduct ongoing Congress/Event Team Meetings with stakeholders and BSG support colleagues
- After full spectrum of congress and all associated activities have been identified, staffing and resources should be assigned and verified for all housing, venues, F&B, for all associated congress symposia, and ancillary meeting activities.
- Manage creation and administration of internal event microsites and event apps
- Oversee the completion of the invitation and attendee management process per congress and other related congress meetings, including attendee management reporting in registration system
- Travel on-site, both US and OUS, to manage the successful execution of assigned congresses.
- Manages logistical suppliers and any internal staffing involved in congress activities. Manage all congress requirements and on-site support staff.
- Attend client debrief sessions post congress.
- Project Manage team and cross-functional projects as assigned by management, related to broader BSG Meeting & Event Team initiatives.
- Travel within the US and internationally; 50% estimated yearly travel
- Valid passport required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business preferred/marketing/Advertising/Hospitality Industry preferred. Equivalent successful industry experience (9 years full time planning) can be considered.
- 9+ years of work experience
- Ability to manage multiple project deadlines and knowledge of Project Management procedures.
- Strong critical thinking and negotiation skills
- Highly refined proactive and consultative skills along with attention to detail
- Ability to set priorities and multitask in fast-paced, multi-project environment, and learn new information quickly.
- Work well as a team player, self-motivated, ability to problem solve independently and in team situation.
- Good communication/presentation skills, written and verbal and ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Show high level of initiative and ability to work independently
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced