AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: Immunology, Oncology, Neuroscience, Virology, Women's Health, and Gastroenterology.
The Associate Director for AbbVie Patient Service Marketing contributes to the strategic direction for Patient Services (PSP) Neuroscience Marketing plans and tactics including value propositions, positioning, strategy, tactics, and creative development. The Associate Director serves as the brand and product subject matter expert for the patient services marketing team.
The Associate Director will work closely with multiple commercial operations teams to ensure success in development of strategy, creative and execution plans for Patient Services marketing. Internally, the Associate Director will foster positive working relationships and be highly collaborative with the operations teams within Patient Services, brand marketing teams, medical review, market research, sales training, regulatory review, business analytics, and other cross franchise teams. Externally, the Associate Director works with various agency partners and consultants to successfully lead strategy and marketing tactical plan execution for multiple stakeholders.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate on the strategic and tactical plan development for the Patient Services marketing Neuroscience team
- Work with internal cross functions groups (Brand Marketing, Legal, Regulatory, Medical and Project Management, Patient Engagement, Access & Reimbursement) and external Ad Agency to insure integration and consistency of business strategies and regulatory compliance of promotional material.
- Effectively collaborate with the Marketing Director, business leaders and cross functional teams within a highly matrixed organization to develop and execute marketing plans to achieve business objectives
- Lead the development of patient experience maps and then leverage these journeys to develop the care model that best delivers on the patient needs.
- Provide leadership, direction, and development for 1 or more direct reports
- Understand trends in the marketplace impacting Patient Services Marketing using data driven strategic insights to optimize plans on an-going basis
- Consistently execute multiple marketing projects in a timely manner
- Evaluate the effectiveness of campaign strategies through campaign measurement and metrics development to achieve brand objectives.
- Effectively track and manage the marketing budget.
• BA/BS Required, MBA Preferred
• Proven marketing experience with increased proficiency in all marketing skills.
• 5+ years of consumer marketing experience with the ideal candidate having some previous healthcare experience
• Understanding of the principles of brand management, including brand positioning, personality & overall campaign development.
• Experience working with and managing multiple external agencies
• Apply marketing concepts in the development of marketing plans and programs including brand positioning, brand architecture, SWOT analysis, competitive assessment, market research, marketing objectives/strategies, patient segmentation, etc.
• A balance of analytical capability and creative vision
• Excellent communication (oral, written, and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
• Strong communication, presentation, and inter-personal skills
• Ability to influence senior management.
• Ability to work with all levels in a highly matrixed organization.
• Communicate clearly and concisely with several types and levels of staff and external contacts, both in writing and verbally
• Strong planning and organization skills, attention to detail, execution, and follow-through
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced