The Associate Director (or Director) of Global Advanced Analytics is a strategic and critical role in the dynamic Global Business Analytics organization, responsible for driving advanced analytic initiatives to enable core and emerging capabilities across Analytics, Marketing and Sales Operations, Customer Experiences, Digital Transformation, Executive Reporting, and Forecasting. This role will lead the transformation of commercial analytics in the changing business, digital and remote engagement, Big Data, and emerging technology environment with increasing number of diverse data sources, vendors, and stakeholders. Provides both technical and strategic thought leadership in the areas of analytics, marketing, and data sciences in developing and delivering the analytic strategy and operational support for strategic capabilities and transformational initiatives. This role will also engage with external data and service providers (including IQVIA, ZS, and others). This leader will help mentor analytic team members to deliver actionable results to stakeholders across the organization.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Leads Advanced Analytics with emerging technology and methodologies to deliver accurate, innovative, and timely insights to support Global Brand Teams, Affiliates, Capability and Functional Teams, and internal partners and functions in Business Strategy, Multichannel Marketing Performance, IFT Effectiveness, Brand and Sales Performance, Dashboard Harmonization, Digital Analytics, and Resource Allocation.
- Acts as an analytics SME and help develop an advanced analytics center of excellence for the global organization.
- Independently execute and leads Advanced Analytic initiatives and projects, supervise supplier teams’ analytics work, ensuring analytical approaches implemented are built according to best practice and with eventual scaling in mind.
- Partners with Global Brand Teams, Business Intelligence, Data Strategy, Business Technology Services (BTS), Customer Excellence (CEx), IFTe, Winning Win Data, Digital Transformation, and other functions across the enterprise to launch and scale new capabilities.
- Function as a trusted business and analytics partner to Global, Area, Affiliate, and Brand leadership, ensuring analytic and data strategy and key deliverables reflect best practices.
- Delivers on-going strategic Performance Management deliverables to Affiliates, GBT’s, Capability Teams and cross functional partners with up-to-date Insights and on current issues; directly engages with GBT and Affiliate Leadership in responding to Business Planning, Questions, and Needs.
- Proactively identify new and innovative analytic approaches that would improve our ability to answer commercial business questions by closely collaborating with key stakeholders to transform business questions and data into analytic solutions.
- Partner with CEx, Business Intelligence (BI), and external data vendors to provide regular data education and training across the Commercial organization and introduce new leading-edge analytics to enhance our data and analytics capabilities.
- Collaborates with Business Intelligence (BI), Winning With Data (WWD), and Business Technology Services (BTS) colleagues to proactively identify and resolve various data and operational issues; leads impact assessments across franchises and therapeutic areas; proactively communicates to business stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Manages ongoing engagements and budgets with external data vendors to ensure AbbVie is getting the appropriate data, services, and support; anticipates, forecasts, and secures appropriate budget funds and support based on current and future business needs.
- Leads negotiations with external data vendors for short-term and long-term data and services engagements across national and sub-national script data, Specialty Pharmacy data, Patient Level Data, promotional data, RWD, and other data categories and sources.
- Has a passion for hands-on data, analytics, and business strategy projects
- Experience developing and executing analytic solutions to address key business questions with measurable outcomes and insights
- Analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, strong business acumen, and creativity in problem solving
- Knowledgeable in emerging technology (PaaS) and advanced analytics/data sciences (Big Data, ML, AI, Ontology)
- Preferred experience with Palantir Foundry or similar analytics/data/reporting tools
- Experience influencing cross-functional, global, and affiliate teams
- Strong written/oral communications skills including communicating to all levels of the organization
- Ability to understand the pharma commercial environment and business needs and translate to workable solutions
- Highly motivated change agent that can push against the status quo and seed new ideas, new ways of thinking, and new ways of working
- Proven success in managing and partnering with internal clients and external vendors
- Proven project management skills, including ability to lead in a matrix environment with multiple stakeholders and functions
- Good facilitator – can drive collaborative discussions, gather feedback, and provide follow-up on how to incorporate into solution design/delivery
- Strategic thinker - can see big picture opportunities and translate into actionable plans but can also understand the details
Nice to Have Skills But Not Required
- Proficiency in analytic and data science tools such as PySpark, Python, R, Java, C (C++, C# acceptable), SQL, SAS
Education & Experience
- BS degree required. Advanced degree (e.g. PhD, MA, MBA) preferred demonstrating applied advanced analytics.
- 8-12+ years of analytics experience
- Preferred: experience in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industries, and familiarity with Pharma data and/or experience in advanced analytics/data sciences leading industries (technology, CPG, banking)
- Preferred: experience in marketing and/or sales organizations to ensure understanding of business cases and applications sources (IQVIA, SAP, VEEVA)
- 3-5 years of experience negotiating with and managing external vendors
- 3-5 years of team management experience
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced