Associate Director, Digital Lab Training & Development (grade 20)
If you live and breathe all things Digital, then we want to talk to you! The new AbbVie Digital Lab is on a mission to transform data-driven digital marketing in the pharmaceutical industry. This is an amazing opportunity for a candidate that has a passion for digital marketing. If you want to be a part of an industry-defining team, then we want to hear from you. The Lab is excited to welcome experienced digital talent from all industries.
The Associate Director, Digital Lab Training & Development serves as an internal consultant to identifying gaps in performance and develop solutions for smooth operations in the AbbVie Digital Lab. This role is responsible for creating and delivering a comprehensive plan for all Lab-related training and development including onboarding. This role partners with the Lab Leadership Team and other Lab team members to ensure training & development is aligned to the Digital Lab roadmap. This role reports to the Lab Operations Lead in the AbbVie Digital Lab.
- Responsible for creation and execution of a comprehensive training plan on Lab-related topics including identifying appropriate audiences, objectives, SME trainers, creating and managing training materials, and executing all training programs.
- Oversees team development across the DBTs and AbbVie Digital Lab, including assessing gaps in performance and identifying coaching, training, and other solutions to resolve.
- Collaborates with Lab Leadership Team to identify team-specific needs; proactively consults with IBTs, DBTs, and other Lab training audiences to continuously improve training.
- Partners with Associate Director, Program Management to integrate training & development into the Lab communication plan and scaling timeline.
- Partners with the Operational Excellence team to ensure integration of Agile training and adoption of Agile principles across all Lab audiences. This may include, but is not limited to, creating new training or coaching models to ensure long-term Agile adoption.
- Proactively works with internal and external contacts to identify new concepts and opportunities to enhance the Lab training & development and develops a plan to integrate.
- Manages all trainers and team coaches including internal SMEs, contractors, and potential future direct reports.
- Provides direct team coaching to assigned DBTs on Agile and Innovation.
- Networks with other training functions within AbbVie, including within the US Area, GMCO, and at the enterprise level, to identify opportunities for sharing and collaboration.
- Ensures all training & development follows accepted adult learning principles, is maintained and updated regularly, and is broadly accessible using a range of learning strategies, technologies and techniques to engage participants in a cost-effective manner.
- Understands and adheres to legal, medical, regulatory and compliance guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred MBA.
- Minimum 7 years related, performance improvement, training, coaching, marketing or digital experience
- Experience as an Innovation and/or Agile practitioner and coach
- Experience leading and managing large projects
- Ability to influence without authority
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced