Want to join an award winning team? We Offer That
Competitive rewards and benefits package? We Offer That too
Welcome to AbbVie!
At AbbVie, we offer you the resources and a global reach to empower your innovative mindset. From day one, we’ve known it takes teamwork and collaboration to develop the scientific breakthroughs, innovative pipelines, and therapies that change millions of patients’ lives around the world. In short, we know it takes “you” to make those ground-breaking advancements happen. We take pride in serving and supporting our communities and protecting the environment, making a lasting impact that's felt within healthcare and beyond.
We are now recruiting Manufacturing Technicians / Production Operators to join our diverse Manufacturing team in Clonshaugh. In this role, you will be part of a team responsibile for the manufacture of drug products, such as setting-up, cleaning, operating, and maintaining equipment. Reporting to the Manufacturing Supervisor, you will be working in Class C cleanroom environment.
So let’s tell you a little more about this role........
- Actively highlight any safety concerns to assist in the reduction of accidents or near misses.
- Support and adhere to established manufacturing scheduling processes and production targets.
- Handle raw materials and/or intermediate or finished products according to applicable SOPs.
- Operate pharmaceutical production equipment, for new and existing technologies, in strict accordance with production batch records, SOPs, and cGMPs. This includes Gowning correctly and wearing of assigned PPE, performing start-up and testing of manufacturing equipment, operating and monitoring equipment, performing in process equipment tests, observing varying conditions and adjusting equipment controls as required, and keeping equipment operating by following operating instructions and troubleshooting basic mechanical and automation issues.
- Perform product sampling.
- Complete all required production data entries and calculations for manufactured batches on the relevant worksheets/logs with detail and accuracy in real time.
- Observe established escalation process for issues impacting established production-related Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and/or fulfillment of production goals.
- Recognize and report to immediate supervisor any process or equipment anomalies and/or deviations from accepted standards.
- Provide status updates on manufacturing activities and operational challenges according to defined procedures.
- Perform master cleans and surface cleans of manufacturing equipment and production areas according to established SOPs and SLAs.
- Execute machine changeovers between batches according to established SOPs and SLAs.
- Keep work area neat and orderly and observe all safety and compliance procedures.
- Seek process innovation and continuous process improvement in production area.
- Complete and conform to all training requirements for job role, including company-required and machine-specific training.
- Carry out and assist in the ongoing training of new and existing personal as required in the area of manufacture.
- Can work equally well in a large or small team environment, where communication and feedback between team members and across shifts is critical.
For this role, you will have the following Education & Experience:
- Pass Leaving Certificate or equivalent qualification with minimum 6 months + relevant manufacturing experience
- Exposure to pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment or equivalent
- Basic Microsoft Excel and Word skills
So, does this all sound like the right role for you? Then come join Abbvie!
AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Job Type: Experienced