Are you looking for challenging work with a global impact? We offer that.
Are you looking for commitment to Learning and Development? We offer that.
Are you ready to work at the be #1 Great Place To Work Multinational AbbVie? We offer that as Financial Analyst Hedging.
Your role at AbbVie
As a global company, AbbVie utilizes hedging to protect its P&L (“Profit & Loss” or Income Statement) from unnecessary volatility due to fluctuations in exchange rates. The VLOG (AbbVie Logistics) Hedging team analyzes approximately 27 currency exposures. Based on input from key stakeholders such as Global Supply Planning, Commercial Affiliates, and Corporate Tax, we submit trade requests to CTU (Central Treasury Unit) multiple times per month to hedge our foreign currency exposures and minimize the FX (foreign exchange) impact on our P&L.
As Financial Analyst Hedging you will be based at AbbVie’s office in Zwolle and report to the Senior Financial Analyst Hedging.
Your tasks contribute to AbbVie’s success and the health of the patients who are at the heart of our work. That is where you join us and where you can help us realize our ambitions. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Review and consolidate the monthly initial hedge, weekly corrective trades, and netting trades for various entities, affiliates and IP holders.
• Prepare commentary of variances to Plan/LBE/Prior Cycle for management reviews
• Closely support Global Supply Planning and Customer Logistics inquiries by providing analytics, insights, and guidance as needed
• Support Corporate Treasury and EMEA Treasury requests as needed
Finance Business Partnership:
• Support key projects to drive process improvement (especially in SAP and CREMA)
• Develop strong partnership with Treasury, Tax, Commercial Affiliates, and Integrated Planning
• Provide (Power BI) analysis and KPIs to support opportunities for improved forecast accuracy
• Work closely with Integrated Planning to evaluate risk mitigation strategies when change in forecast impacts foreign exposure
Financial Planning & Analysis – Actuals/Plan/LBE Cycles:
• Support the development and reporting of Actuals, Plan, and Latest Best Estimate (LBE) for foreign exposures
Internal Controls & Compliance:
• Document key changes in new/revised Product Financial Flows (PFFs) and assess any impact on our foreign currency exposures
• Maintain compliance with Corporate Finance Manual (CFM) policies and internal procedures
Where you work
AbbVie Logistics ensures that our medicines are delivered at the right place, at the right time and to the right person. Our motto: It's not just a package, it's a patient! From our international hub in Zwolle, we take care of planning and distribution all over the world.
Do you want to know more about AbbVie Logistics? Watch our movie on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf6scBVAyR8
AbbVie: A Great Place to Work
AbbVie has been at the top of the global 'Best Workplaces' list for several years in a row (in 2021 even number 1 in the Netherlands, Great Place to Work survey). We are proud of this! You see this reflected in our Soap box meetings, for example: on a regular basis, all AbbVie professionals come together to drink a cup of coffee and be inspired by short pitches from our own employees. Partly because of this, we feel connected and motivated to make a positive contribution to the health of people in the Netherlands!
What we ask
At AbbVie we are passionate about our work. As our professionals are driven in the quest to improve people's health, you will be working in a dynamic and ambitious international environment. We expect you to be innovative with a continuous improvement mindset. In addition you have strong analytical skills.
More specifically, we ask the following of you:
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, master degree preferred.
• Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills
• Experience with SAP is preferred
• Experience with Power BI is a differentiator
• Builds strong relationships with peers and business partners to enable higher performance
• Strong written and verbal skills enabling effective communication with all levels of management (must be fluent in English)
• Self-motivated with a high level of accountability
• Able to work independently and in a team environment
• Able to adjust priorities as needed
• You have a right to work for the Netherlands and live at reasonable distance from our Zwolle office (hybrid working model)
If you lack experience on the job requirements you make up with an ambitious, eager, flexible mindset.
What we offer
Our initiatives and conditions contribute to the Great Place to Work label awarded to AbbVie. You will be welcomed in an international company with an impressive and innovative pipeline. We offer interesting and challenging work with global impact and a commitment to learning and development. This gives you the opportunity to unleash your creativity, start with the most interesting challenge of your career and fulfill your passion for learning.
How to apply
We do read your motivation letter, so please accompany your application with a cover letter.
Would you like further information before applying? That is quite understandable. Please send your question(s) to Barbara Razenberg, firstname.lastname@example.org
AbbVie does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CV’s / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Job Type: Experienced