Do you have a passion for finance ans specifically for financial planning & analysis? And are you ready to work at the be #1 Great Place To Work Multinational AbbVie? We offer that as Financial Analyst FP&A.
Your role at AbbVie
The primary responsibilities of the Financial Analyst are the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) activities resulting in the production and execution of financial and business reports including the AbbVie Logistics (VLOG) Finance Business plan. Services multiple stakeholders with adequate business information and reports, enabling them to make decisions.
In all areas of financial reporting and analysis, this Financial Analyst serves as financial subject matter of expert to ensure that he/she meets and exceeds current and future FP&A activities, the broader finance department, local entities matters and the global AbbVie environment.
Candidates for the role will demonstrate technical accounting, financial analysis and excellent business communications skills to meet finance control requirements, internal customers’ needs and build relationships critical for success of the department.
As Financial Analyst FP&A you will be based at AbbVie’s office in Zwolle and you will report to the Senior Financial Analyst - Consolidation and Governance.
Your tasks contribute to AbbVie’s success and the health of the patients who are at the heart of our work. That is where you join us and where you can help us realize our ambitions. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Financial Reporting & Analysis – Actuals Process and Reporting:
- Both hands on involvement of performing activities including but not limited to:
- Pro-active analytics on month end close and monthly reporting
- Internal control execution and monitoring
- Transactional data analysis and GL adjustments
- Management reporting, both local requirements and input for global consolidation
- Periodic and ad-hoc financial analysis for finance and business partners
- Serve as liaison between VLOG and AbbVie headquarters on FP&A matters.
- Relentlessly drives innovation and continuous improvements on close and reporting processes
Financial Planning & Analysis – Plan/Update/LRP/LBE Cycles:
- Consolidate and manage the development and reporting of Actuals, Plan, Update, Latest Best Estimate (LBE) and Long-Range Plan (LRP) including capital, project expense, and headcount related to all VLOG legal entities.
- Coordinate LBE inputs from Brand, VLOG finance team, SC & TPM global finance, MES and VLOG Office Management to ensure transparency of assumptions and clear relation to the financial implications for annual, interim and long-term planning cycles.
Finance Business Partnership:
- Influence multiple key strategic financial planning, analysis and reporting related initiatives projects providing financial support.
- Develop strong partnership with local and global AbbVie business teams and various external groups, including Supply Chain headquarters.
Where you work
AbbVie Logistics ensures that our medicines are delivered at the right place, at the right time and to the right person. Our motto: It's not just a package, it's a patient! From our international hub in Zwolle, we take care of planning and distribution all over the world.
Do you want to know more about AbbVie Logistics? Watch our movie on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf6scBVAyR8
AbbVie: A Great Place to Work
AbbVie has been at the top of the global 'Best Workplaces' list for several years in a row (in 2021 even number 1 in the Netherlands, Great Place to Work survey). We are proud of this! You see this reflected in our Soap box meetings, for example: on a regular basis, all AbbVie professionals come together to drink a cup of coffee and be inspired by short pitches from our own employees. Partly because of this, we feel connected and motivated to make a positive contribution to the health of people in the Netherlands!
What we ask
At AbbVie we are passionate about our work. As our professionals are driven in the quest to improve people's health, you will be working in a dynamic and ambitious international environment. We expect you to easy adapt to changes, be self-motivated be and demonstrate a high level of accountability. In addition, you have strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
More specifically, we ask the following of you:
- Bachelor’s Degree B.S. or B.A. in Business (Business/Accounting/Finance).
- 1-2 years work experience in a similar environment and progressive Finance experience in Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A).
- Good knowledge of US GAAP. Dutch GAAP is a plus.
- Experience in audit firms (big 4) preferred but not required.
- Knowledge and proficiency in systems, particularly MS Excel/PowerPoint. Power BI, SAP, or similar large ERP systems experience is a plus.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills. Dutch would be an advantage.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Preferably experience with logistical processes and KPI driven organizations.
- Flexible in working hours, priority shifts and providing support to the team where needed
- You have a right to work for the Netherlands and live at reasonable distance from our Zwolle office (hybrid working model).
What we offer
Our initiatives and conditions contribute to the Great Place to Work label awarded to AbbVie. You will be welcomed in an international company with an impressive and innovative pipeline. We offer interesting and challenging work with global impact and a commitment to learning and development. This gives you the opportunity to unleash your creativity, start with the most interesting challenge of your career and fulfill your passion for learning.
How to apply
We do read your motivation letter, so please accompany your application with a cover letter.
Would you like further information before applying? That is quite understandable. Please send your question(s) to Barbara Razenberg, firstname.lastname@example.org
AbbVie does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CV’s / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Job Type: Apprenticeship