The Distribution Manager oversees distribution activities for to ensure that customer & main stakeholders requirements are consistently satisfied while complying with AbbVie policies and achieving performance targets related to inventory efficiency, distribution efficacy and efficiency and quality compliance.
This role is responsible for day-to-day oversight and management of the Third-Party Logistics (3PL) provider(s) distributing products for AbbVie in the countries under their responsibility while aligning distribution processes and policies with those of functional partners at the affiliate (e.g., Commercial, Customer Service, Finance, Planning, and Quality Assurance).
Promote and share with affiliates’ leadership the role of the D&L CoE underlining the main successes, critical performance areas, top risks to business continuity, GMI projects and other initiatives in order to develop establish a strong working relationship with commercial stakeholders.
Support the development of best practise procedures for optimising the distribution of product throughout the supply chain.
Implement, Support and document the Governance Model of the 3PL(s) leading Monthly Business Review (MBR) with each provider covering the standard agenda enriched with relevant topics.
Lead Quarterly business reviews as well as supporting AbbVie and the 3PL(s) to achieve alignment on the strategy, outcome for the future and ensure that targets are met for Warehousing and Distribution operations. Monitor and provide feedback on 3PL performance (e.g., on-time delivery, inventory accuracy).
- Proficient in English
- University degree in Operations Management, Supply Chain or related field
- 5+ years of direct warehouse management experience and/or experience managing 3PL warehouse providers
- Knowledge of distribution channels and requirements in the responsible countries
- Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of logistics and transportation/freight forwarding processes/customs
- Strong communication, negotiation, and stakeholder management skills
- Experience with SAP IM, SAP WM and/or common Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
Essential Skills and abilities:
- Building and managing partnerships cross functionally
- Business and commercial acumen
- In depth knowledge of the logistics and distribution industry including an awareness of relevant legislation
- Exceptional analytical skills to analyse and interpret complex business situations and determine strategy
- Demonstrated history of results orientation and focus on business priorities
- Strong leadership, decision-making and influencing skills to drive results and the ability to work effectively across all levels of the organisation
- Ability to work on own initiative, innovate and review current processes and practices
- Knowledge and experience with SAP – SD, IM & WM modules (preferred), WMS and TMS systems in general.
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced