For our Outside US Team located in Zwolle we are looking for a Customer Logistics Supervisor to join our growing team!
Your role at AbbVie
Based at AbbVie’s office in Zwolle (hybrid working model, 60% office; 40% remote), the Customer Logistics Supervisor directly manages a team of Customer Logistics Planners (CLP) responsible for controlling the flow of communications and orders from the moment forecast is entered by the affiliate/regional office until the order is due for shipment. They integrate with affiliates, Quality Assurance, GTC, Global Label Management, Finance, Planning and Franchise organizations. The CLP provides the highest level of internal and external logistics service with the least cost to the corporation
You are will responsible for achieving operational results with their teams, as well as developing and coaching individuals to reach their potential within the department and preparing them for future opportunities within AbbVie. You will report directly into the Senior Manager Customer Logistics.
• Supports full implementation of strategy across the business.
• Provide supervision, coaching and guidance, monitoring of activities, required problem resolutions, and projects. Create and sustain a positive team environment of approximately 5-9 supply chain professionals team members, displaying high levels of motivation and excellent team spirit.
• Driving productivity, quality, and customer-service standards. Resolving problems, identifying trends, identify system improvements, implementing improvements and providing information and recommendations to strategic initiatives.
• Identify, evaluate, and implement continuous improvements. Review performance against KPI’s and goals taking corrective action where necessary to meet objectives.
• Sponsor projects to ensure projects are successfully achieved according to charter.
• Communication: determines requirements by establishing and maintaining relationships with in-external “customers”; visiting operational environments; forming focus groups; benchmark best practices; analyze information and applications.
• Improves qualitative output and results by evaluating, and re-designing processes; establishing and communicating service metrics; monitoring and analyzing results; implementing changes.
• Responsible for monitoring workflow to ensure all activities are being addressed in an efficient and compliant manner. Gaps in workflow must be addressed and resolved quickly. Responsible for scheduling, monitoring, and counseling.
• Drive the AbbVie culture across the team and create and sustain a positive environment displaying high levels of motivation and excellent team spirit.
• Monitoring adherence to all corporate, division and departmental procedures and policies to achieve compliance in a changing environment. Must recognize compliance issues and work with peers and managers to develop and implement solutions
• Ability to effectively execute project management process, tools and templates
Where you work
AbbVie Logistics ensures that our medicines are delivered at the right place, at the right time and to the right person. Our motto: It's not just a package, it's a patient! From our international hub in Zwolle, we take care of planning and distribution all over the world.
Do you want to know more about AbbVie Logistics? Watch our movie on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf6scBVAyR8
AbbVie has been at the top of the global 'Best Workplaces' list for several years in a row. We are proud of this!
Join us at AbbVie, where medicine, aesthetics, and science are powered by some of the brightest minds in the world.
We are a dynamic biopharmaceutical company that offers you the resources you need and a global reach that empowers your innovative mindset. From day one, we’ve known it takes teamwork, passion, and a culture built on diversity and inclusion to develop scientific breakthroughs, innovative pipelines, and treatments that change millions of people’s lives around the world. In short, we know it takes you to make those groundbreaking advancements happen.
Are you looking for a relentless dedication to creating an environment where you will do your best, most innovative work? We offer that. Complex challenges that allow you to improve lives on a global scale? We offer that too. A meaningful career where your continuous learning and development are top priorities? Well, we offer that too.
Welcome to AbbVie. Ready to innovate together?
What we ask
At AbbVie we are passionate about our work. As our professionals are driven in the quest to improve people's health, you will be working in a dynamic and ambitious environment. As Customer Logistics Supervisor you will be working in an informal atmosphere and international environment. Cooperating with others comes easily to you and you are open-minded about other cultures.
More specifically, we ask the following of you:
• Bachelor of Business Management or equivalent
• At least 5 years’ experience in operations and/or supply chain management, preferably in the health care industry, food industry or logistics
• Supervisory or managerial experience in a (similar) production and/or distribution environment is required
• Result driven and proactive
• Strong requirement for exceptional interpersonal skills including strong oral and written communication skills. Fluent English is required; Spanish a plus
• Proficient in SAP and Excel
• Well-developed interpersonal skills including strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrate effective communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to develop and maintain strategic relationships with stakeholders
• Proven project management skills Ability to think strategically and globally
• A strong sense of urgency and the ability to deliver high quality work on a consistent basis in a deadline-driven environment.
You have a right to work for the Netherlands and live at reasonable distance from our Zwolle office (hybrid working model).
How to apply
We do read your motivation letter, so please accompany your application with a cover letter.
Would you like further information before applying? That is quite understandable. Please send your question(s) to Barbara Razenberg, firstname.lastname@example.org
AbbVie does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CV’s / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.