AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Senior Scientist I - Upstream MSAT
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist I to join our Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) group in the S&T Biologics at AbbVie Bioresearch Center based in Worcester, MA. As part of the S&T Biologics organization, our group leads the process technology transfer, optimization, validation, implementation, and continuous improvement for late-stage and commercial manufacturing of therapeutic proteins for AbbVie. We also provide technical support for manufacturing, GMP compliance, and regulatory filing. The candidate should have extensive experience and comprehensive knowledge in process development, characterization, validation and cell culture strategies to solve complex challenges across the AbbVie pipeline. The candidate is expected to mentor and to supervise junior level scientists and productively manage several projects simultaneously in a dynamic and rapidly evolving project landscape.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead team on the design, execution, and data-analysis for process development, characterization, optimization, validation, and continuous process verifications
- Identify, evaluate, and develop innovative technologies within the field of cell culture processes to improve product quality, and process efficiency and robustness
- Lead team on technology and process transfer to pilot scale and GMP plants of therapeutic proteins
- Solve technical issues and support GMP manufacturing of therapeutic proteins
- Participate in cross-functional teams to support CMC sections of regulatory filings
- Author technical reports and validation documents
- Interact with cross-functional groups (e.g. discovery, process development, protein analytics, manufacturing, quality, and regulatory)
- Author peer-reviewed articles and patents and present original work in conferences
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or Biochemical Engineering or related degree and related field with 10+ years (BS), 5+ years (MS), or 0+ years (PhD) of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience for Senior Scientist I
- Outstanding record of accomplishment in areas of bioprocess development, improvement, and validation.
- Experience in managing technical professionals is required
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to contribute in a multi-disciplinary environment are essential.
- Interacts well with diverse groups within function and maintains strong working relationships with internal, global, and external collaborators.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and capability to overcome complexed issues.
- Demonstrated success in coordinating and executing important projects to achieve business unit goals.
- Must have a “results-oriented” work ethic and a positive, “can-do” attitude with a strong sense of urgency and self-motivated desire to achieve.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation