The translational immunology team is seeking a highly motivated scientist with a strong background in immunology and autoimmunity, specifically in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus to advance the immunology pipeline. Our team is focusing on identifying new targets through computational analysis of human disease tissue derived datasets, and validation of targets using in vitro and in vivo experimental approaches. We are seeking a highly skilled and dedicated individual with Immunology laboratory experience both in vitro as well as in vivo. This position requires passion, attention to detail, hands-on experience, and teamwork.
- Identification and validation of novel targets for the treatment of inflammatory conditions.
- Development of strategic plans to guide the selection and prioritization of identified targets.
- Generate proof of concept data supporting target Go/No Go decisions using in vitro and in vivo platforms.
- Experience with in vitro and/or in vivo immune models is required.
- Planning and coordination of experiments with internal and external team members.
- Analysis and presentation of study data, providing scientific interpretations and recommendations in lab meetings and project team meetings.
- Maintaining accurate and well-organized records and laboratory notebooks.
- Supporting development of protocols, study reports and data presentations.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Immunology/Biological Sciences or in a related discipline with with typically 10+ (BS), 8+ (MS) or 0-4+ (PhD) years of experience.
- Expertise in the study of systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Experience executing in vitro functional assays using human and rodent cells is a plus.
- Experience executing rodent models of autoimmune disease is a plus.
- Experience with 3D assays, organoids, and/or organ-on-chip models is a nice to have.
- Strong scientific curiosity with a passion for problem-solving and optimization.
- Self-motivated with excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Strong organizational, planning and trouble-shooting skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment.
- Effectively communicate cross-functionally with team members throughout the organization
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the immediate team to enable higher performance
- Learns quickly, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation to drive the science in the field of interest
- Embraces a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for continuous improvement
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced