The Biologics Drug Biology Group at AbbVie is seeking a highly motivated research scientist to join the Multi-specific Biologics Platform team. This position is located at AbbVie Bioresearch Center in Worcester, MA. The desired candidate will play an important role in supporting the multidisciplinary groups across AbbVie focused on developing therapies for Immunology, Virology, Neurology and Oncology diseases. The Multi-specific Biologics Platform team is a multi-functional group across sites that utilize innovative protein engineering tools to produce next generation bispecific molecules for therapeutic indications. The scientist will be responsible to design and optimize multi-specific drug candidates supported by structural modeling of protein-protein interactions.
- Engineering of multi-specific biologics utilizing IgG scaffolds, through knowledge of protein biochemistry/biophysics and in silico structural modeling
- Perform protein production and multi-step purification to produce high quality materials
- Characterize proteins using SE-HPLC, SDS-PAGE and endotoxin assays
- Demonstrate skills in analyzing, interpreting, and communicating experimental data and effectively presents scientific concepts and results.
- Record and document accurate experiment results in a timely manner
Position will be hired based on level of experience.
- BS, MS or PhD in Biochemistry/Biophysics or other related field with typically 10-12 (BS), 8-10+ (MS), or 0-4+ (PhD) years of experience
- Expertise in protein engineering with experience in structural biology and computational modeling of protein-protein interactions
- Experience with protein analysis techniques such as SE-HPLC, mass spec and SDS-PAGE
- Ability to operate AKTA purification systems for protein purification
- Experience in X-ray crystal analysis, NMR or Cryo-EM is a plus
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Hands on experience with liquid handling robots is a plus
- Experience in molecular biology and plasmid construction a plus
- Experience in non-antibody scaffold proteins is a plus
- Excellent attention to details and the ability to communicate effectively
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced