Our Immunology Dermatology Late Discovery team in Worcester, MA is looking for an accomplished Cell Biologist/Immunologist with extensive research experience in developing complex in vitro models who will make substantial contributions to the conception and execution of multi-disciplinary research teams in immune-mediated skin diseases within a highly collaborative environment.
- Highly motivated researcher with a deep interest in drug discovery leading to the discovery of novel therapies to modulate inflammatory skin diseases such as atopic dermatitis, hidradenitis suppurativa & prurigo nodularis
- Develop keratinocyte/ immune cell co-culture, organotypic/tissue models, excisional skin explants models to evaluate properties of drug candidates & identify/understand relevant mechanism of action
- Understand relevant scientific literature and apply theoretical framework to solving problems in a timely manner
- Independently interpret results and draw conclusions from own multistage experiments and suggest, design and pursue relevant experiments that further project goals.
- Presentation of data to project team members, fostering a strong collaborative atmosphere to achieve project milestones
- Contribute independently to multiple collaborative research projects within department and across teams in a fast-paced environment
- Act as biology lead for late stage drug discovery programs soliciting input from peers to perform decision making experiments to drive go/no-go decisions and advance therapies towards the clinic
- Supervise research of at least one scientist with potential for additional supervisory roles based on experience
- Publish research findings both as a lead author and as part of a team
Position will be hired based on level of experience.
- BS, MS or PhD in Immunology, Cellular Biology or a related discipline or a related field with typically 0-4+ (PhD), 8-10+ (MS), or 10-12+ (BS) years of experience
- The ability to prioritize effectively within a multi-task environment is critical
- Significant experience working on human biology as it relates to inflammation/autoimmunity and/or skin biology is preferred
- Experience in either biologic or small molecule therapeutic research a plus
- Ideal candidates will have prior expertise in drug discovery to rapidly deliver focused datasets to address important project questions
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced