AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Senior Controls Engineer
The Senior Controls Engineer will have responsibility for maintaining regulatory aspects of manufacturing networks, control and monitoring systems, and data collection used throughout AbbVie Bioresearch Center’s biologics manufacturing facility. They shall possess the skill set necessary to ensure the success of automation and engineering projects at the site.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions include:
- Responsible for design, development, and testing of process automation systems such as Foxboro I/A DCS, Rockwell PLCs, etc.
- Responsible for automation system and operational technology (OT) network administration, support, troubleshooting, and continuous improvements.
- Responsible for providing support to manufacturing data historian and analytics systems such as OSISoft PI, Smart Factory Rx, etc.
- Apply engineering principles and technical expertise in supporting project execution and operational support activities.
- Provide automation improvements based on cGMP’s related to the operation, validation, and maintenance of manufacturing related computer systems.
- Support project execution, operational startup and handover of automation and target equipment systems to end-users.
- Participate in continual improvement programs as required.
- Support commissioning and qualification activities as required.
- Follow applicable standard operating procedures while working with qualified systems.
- Assist departmental objectives by proactively identifying continuous improvement opportunities and developing strategic roadmaps.
- Support operations on a rotating 24/7 on-call shift.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline, computer system administration, or related technical discipline, along with a minimum 7 years of progressive work experience required.
- Working knowledge of process automation systems such as Rockwell ControlLogix, Foxboro I/A DCS, Emerson DeltaV, etc. required.
- Familiarity with computer system hardware, virtual systems/machines, network infrastructure, and system setup and maintenance.
- Experience with commissioning and qualification, and computerized systems validation required.
- Experience interfacing/configuring data historian systems such as OSISoft PI preferred.
- Experience working in biologics production environment preferred.
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- Ability to lead project initiatives.
- Ability and aspiration to lead a team of engineers.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to assist customers in a pleasant, non-technical manner for problem resolution.
- Proven ability to recognize symptoms, analyze system data, and take corrective actions when problems arise.
- Ability to apply automation solutions and troubleshoot complex problems to address business needs.
Physical & Safety Requirements:
- This position requires good visual acuity, with a large portion of the time using a PC or other screens.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation