The Scientific Informatics group at ABC supports R&D activities at the AbbVie Bioresearch Center that focuses on immunology and biologics therapeutic development. We are seeking a highly qualified S In this role, you will work collaboratively with technology and business groups to conceive, design and implement business technology solutions that solve significant scientific or business problems through the integration, visualization, and analysis of large and complex data. Investigate, identify, develop, and optimize methods, algorithms, and technologies to derive novel, competitive insights from disparate data sources or drive productivity and efficiency gains throughout multiple business areas. Contribute to advancement of technology in area of expertise. Develop productive collaborations and communications with other groups across multiple disciplines.
The ideal candidate will be a technological jack of all trades who is intellectually curious, highly collaborative and self-motivated. Expertise in a relevant scientific computing area such as Bioinformatics, Sequence Analysis, Biologics Research and Development Processes, and/or LIMS System Development strongly preferred. A successful candidate will be someone who seeks to accelerate drug development using innovative informatics approaches and gains ultimate satisfaction in making a difference in patients’ lives.
- Conceive, design and implement business technology solutions that solve significant scientific or business problems through the integration, visualization, and analysis of large and complex data. Routinely demonstrate initiative and creativity in developing technology solutions.
- Demonstrate high proficiency across a wide range of technologies related to the storage, transfer, integration, visualization, and analysis of large and complex data sets. Expertise in software development, data warehousing, statistics, and machine learning.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of the pharmaceutical and healthcare business, and utilize this knowledge in the rapid advancement of agile, impactful, and cost-effective solutions
- Highly autonomous and productive in performing activities, and providing direct mentorship of others
- 3+ years of experience with Relational Databases and SQL (e.g. Postgres, Oracle) and interacting with data layers using ORMs
- Experienced developing and working with APIs and Web Services
- Experienced with DevOps paradigms and best practices, using tools such as Docker, Jenkins, Terraform
-Requires a bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or a related area and 7+ years of professional software development experience. Has knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within computer and data science.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced