AbbVie is searching for an experienced and highly motivated individual to fill a Scientist II position in the New Modality Group of Analytical Development Department at AbbVie Bioresearch Center in Worcester, MA. The Analytical Development Department is responsible for qualification and execution of analytical methods and characterization studies to provide product and process understanding as well as analytical CMC management for development of AbbVie biopharmaceutical pipeline from discovery through commercial stages as well as life-cycle management. The successful candidate will focus on separation based analytical method development, qualification, and transfer for biological molecules, with special focus on non-monoclonal antibody biologics programs, e. g. Fc fusion proteins, bispecific and other recombinant proteins.
- Independently design, execute and interpret critical experiments to answer scientific questions.
- Understand the broad objectives of the project as well as their role in achieving those objectives, and modify experimental plan as needed.
- Develop, optimize, troubleshoot, qualify, and transfer separation based analytical test for early and late phase pipeline programs.
- Learn, understand and master new experimental techniques, and act as a resource or mentor for others.
- Innovate and implement new experimental protocols.
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in his/her field.
- Effectively organize and present scientific plans and data.
- Contribute to writing and conceptual framework of publications, presentations, and patents.
- Routinely read and apply relevant scientific literature. Impact projects mostly through lab and/or pilot plant based activities where applicable.
- BS or equivalent education with typically 7 or more years of experience or MS or equivalent education with typically 5 or more years of experience.
- Technical expert in separation based analytical method development and qualification including SEC, CEX, RP-HPLC, HILIC-HPLC, CE-SDS, and icIEF methods.
- Demonstrated ability to independently investigate, identify, develop and optimize new methods/techniques to address critical project needs.
- Demonstrate experimental design capabilities and strong data interpretation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn, understand and master new experimental techniques.
- Ability to multitask and work within timelines.
- Demonstrated scientific writing skills and strong verbal communication skills.
- Experience with CMC analytical development of monoclonal antibodies or related biotherapeutic proteins is a plus.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced