As a Scientist I/II in the Multi-Specific Biologics Group, you will be responsible for the molecular cloning, production, and analysis of novel multi-specific biologics. A successful candidate will have experience in multiple facets of molecular biology and recombinant protein expression using mammalian and bacterial cell systems. Proficiency in protein purification and characterization utilizing laboratory automation is desired.
The candidate must have a proven track record of delivering high quality experimental data. Experience with database tools for information management would also be desirable. In addition, the candidate must be able to demonstrate individual contributions to projects and to possess strong interpersonal skills. The scientist will be expected to represent the Multispecific Biologics group and present their data in project team meetings.
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the lab
- Independently design, execute, and interpret critical experiments to answer scientific questions
- Design molecular cloning strategies (Gibson assembly, golden gate, etc.) for high throughput vector generation
- Proactively seek out new information and technologies and incorporate these into individual project(s) and automation workflows
- Demonstrate skills in analyzing, interpreting, and communicating experimental data
- Mentor and train other scientists in newly developed protocols.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials
- B.S. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or equivalent discipline with 5-7+ years of experience; MS in equivalent field with 2-5+ years of experience
- Experience with DNA sequence analysis, cloning, ligation, and plasmid purification
- Knowledge of antibody sequences and bispecific formats
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to communicate effectively
- Competency with software programs including Geneious, MS Excel, Powerpoint and Word
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced