AbbVie’s Immunology R&D organization is expanding its late discovery team at the AbbVie Bioresearch Center (ABC) in Worcester, MA. We are seeking a highly motivated Associate Scientist II/Scientist I with an immunology background and hands on laboratory experience in both in vitro assays and in vivo PD models to join the Pharmacology and Pathology Immunology Discovery team to help support AbbVie’s drug discovery efforts.
- Independently design and conduct critical experiments that further project goals.
- Independently generate precise, reliable, and reproducible data in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and data interpretation skills and should possess understanding of core discipline.
- Understand relevant scientific literature and apply theoretical knowledge to solving problems.
- Innovate and implement new experimental protocols.
- Routinely demonstrate scientific initiative and creative thinking.
- Highly independent and productive with the ability to multi-task.
- Optimally organize, document scientific studies, and communicate research progress and planned activities through oral and written presentations.
Position will be hired based on level of experience.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in molecular or cellular biology, pharmacology, immunology, or related field with typically 3-5+ (BS) or 0-2+ (MS) years of experience.
- Knowledge of basic immunology concepts. Background in inflammatory or autoimmune diseases is a plus.
- Experience with performing in vitro functional assays using human/murine primary cells and cell line cultures.
- Proficient in techniques such as multi-color flow cytometry, ELISA, and luminex assays.
- Experience with in vivo mouse models of inflammation.
- Experience using software such as FlowJo, Prism, MS Excel/PowerPoint/Word.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
- Maintaining laboratory notebooks to the required company standard is required.
- Interpret findings and effectively communicate with team members and cross-functionally with colleagues throughout the organization.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the team to enable high performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the “essence,” and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others and nurtures innovation to make possibilities real.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced