We are looking for a Process Engineer whose responsibility will be to provide engineering support for our Biologics manufacturing plant during two potential shifts Sun-Wed or Wed-Sat. This engineering professional who, working with little supervision, applies scientific knowledge, engineering knowledge, mathematics, to lead equipment and process troubleshooting, manage small to medium projects, and maintain and track area priorities. Engineer has general knowledge of related fields and begins to expand on process and engineering knowledge.
- Plans and conducts small to medium sized assigned projects related to bioprocessing equipment and process improvements. Projects may require refining of a given scope and determining overall action plan and timelines. Additionally, it requires generation of validated change plans with validation requirements. Able to execute actions of those plans with minimal oversite and resolve issues as they arise with minimum support. Communicate progress to all stake holders through verbal and written communications.
- Perform process monitoring of cell culture and purification operations, as well as Steam in Place (SIP) and Cleaning in Place (CIP) operations. Drives troubleshooting activities with little oversite from senior engineering staff to resolve process/equipment anomalies. Describes and communicates required actions to internal and external stake holders with varying levels of technical acumen. Engages with operational staff on the floor in a GMP cleaning room setting to understand what activities are being performed. Leverages process and engineering knowledge to identify issues on the production floor proactively communicates those to stakeholders.
- Participates in facility fit activities under the supervision of senior engineering staff in support of New Product Introduction (NPI) from clinical phase 1 to commercial projects. NPI activities also include equipment walkdowns, batch record review, participation in technical discussions and working with vendors.
- Support capital project execution in the areas of design, validation, FAT, SAT, and specification review, for production equipment.
- Builds relationships, initiates and cultivates open, honest relationships with colleagues, customers, contractors, and vendors by establishing rapport, developing an understanding of others’ needs, promoting common goals, and following through on commitments.
- Conveys information effectively through verbal, written, and presentations to stakeholders and team members, both internal and external to AbbVie, using appropriate communication protocols. Identifies ways to increase customer satisfaction. Documents agreements and commitments and keeps direct customers informed
- Facilitates the definition of a project scope with stakeholders. Converts goals to tasks and steps. Within structure, plans own work, manages several, often concurrent, tasks to accomplish assigned tasks to meet or exceed expectations (cost, quality, time). Participates in basic economic analysis and feasibility studies related to project alternatives under guidance. Jointly responsible for achieving the project’s financial targets in support of business objectives.
- Interprets problems and either creates or modifies design solutions. Reviews existing layouts and standards and creates a proposed design. Applies standard engineering principles and methodologies to interpret, draw conclusions and recommend solutions for problems considering a broad range of factors. Improves methods/designs/processes. Recognizes and implements innovations and cost reductions.
- Shifts: Sun-Wed or Wed-Sat - 10 hour Shifts.
- A Bachelors Degree in Engineering, science or closely related discipline is desired, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence, with a desired 2+ years of significant engineering and/or operational experience. Additional postgraduate education may contribute towards the desired years of experience.
- Has demonstrated competency within a discipline.
- Possesses a working technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures. Ability to work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Demonstrates judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Interacts well with diverse groups within engineering and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Listens to and understands others' points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one's own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations.
- Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fastpaced goaldriven environment.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
- Has a technical background in health care, medical devices, pharmaceutical, biologics, or similar industries (preferred).
Significant Work Activities: Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced