Provide leadership and direction for a manufacturing unit or operation. Direct a staff of Managers and/or Supervisors across multiple shifts with typically over 30 employees. Interpret site directives and define the manufacturing plan in order to meet production, quality, safety and financial demands of the operation. Coordinate manufacturing activities with the expectation to achieve or exceed key performance metrics. Lead department personnel scheduling and development, building and supporting a culture of high performance. Ensure adherence to policy/procedures impacting operations across quality, materials management, engineering, and EH&S. Responsible for assuring the effectiveness and compliance of the manufacturing unit or operation delivering high levels of customer service and complying with all regulatory requirements.
- Provide input to and implement operational and financial goals and objectives for the manufacturing area assigned. Track and trend performance levels and maximize the operations.
- Manage the manufacturing area to meet the site business strategies in line with budget targets.
- Recommend and implement ideas to reduce costs, adapt and transform the organization to meet changing business needs.
- Assist teams in troubleshooting manufacturing issues. Ensure staff is provided technical knowledge and training to efficiently produce the highest quality products.
- Collaborate with peers and cross-functional partners to synthesize action plans, timelines and budgets to meet project and product goals.
- Develop and manage staff through hiring, managing performance, developing talent and providing clear expectations.
- Ensure all labor and equipment performance measures are met. Responsible for completing established goals, prioritizing project work and controlling and coordinating all activities and improvement efforts across manufacturing areas.
- Manage the employee relations climate to ensure that our AbbVie Way is realized and an environment exists where all employees have the opportunity to develop to their maximum potential.
- Coach supervisors and coordinators in the area and establish clear expectations with them and all employees regarding responsibilities, goals and behaviors and champion and model exceptional AbbVie performance and talent management practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a technical field: Advanced degree in a technical field preferred
- 7+ years’ experience including: work as an individual contributor building technical expertise and proved project management skills. Progressively increased responsibility and performance as supervisor/ leader of diverse teams in Operations ( Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain , Engineering etc.)
- Business acumen coupled with functional leadership experience is required to ensure effective direction in a complex organization
Significant Work Activities: Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced