AbbVie Bioresearch Center (ABC) is looking for Manufacturing Technicians III/ IV to join their team in Worcester, MA. The Manufacturing Technician performs functions associated with cGMP manufacturing operations within the biologics production facility, including working with engineers in set-up and calibration tasks, as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components and final materials. Additionally, the Manufacturing Technician uses sophisticated programs (such as LIMS, SAP, automated control systems, etc.) to collect and evaluate operating data, which can be used to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments or equipment. Lastly, the Manufacturing Technician determines and may assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Shipping finished materials.
- Maintaining inventory levels.
- Sampling of in process and raw materials.
- Running glass washer / autoclave.
- Buffer / media preparation.
- Equipment preparation (CIP / SIP).
- Cell culture (from vial thaw to production scale).
- Column chromatography.
- Tangential flow filtration.
- 5x8, Monday- Friday (6:00am- 2:30pm)
- 5x8, Monday- Friday (2:00pm- 10:30pm)
- 4x10, Sunday- Wednesday (6:00am- 4:30pm)
- 4x10, Sunday- Wednesday (4pm- 2:30am)
- 4x10, Wednesday- Saturday (6:00am- 4:30pm)
- 4x10, Wednesday- Saturday (4pm- 2:30am)
Positions will be hired based on level of experience.
- Associates Degree or equivalent certifications with typically 4+ years of relevant experience; Bachelors Degree (highly preferred) with typically 2-4+ years of relevant experience.
- As a skilled specialist, completes tasks in resourceful and effective ways.
- Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative.
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Often acts as a facilitator and team leader.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced