The 2nd shift Superintendent is the senior on-site Production Plant leader during evening hours and reports to the Associate Director of Core Support. Leads daily 2nd Shift Shop-floor control meetings and ensures that supervisor and technician resources are aligned with manufacturing activities across 5 Production cell culture and purification suites and Core Support. The GMP facility contract cleaning crew reports to the Superintendent, who tracks and trends training, performance, record-keeping and compliance to ensure audit readiness at all times. Responsible for the housekeeping and orderliness of all common Production areas including locker rooms, corridors, storage and staging areas and ensures that work orders for repairs are prioritized. Provides first response to Production and Safety issues. Leads the Facility Improvement Team with the goal of maximizing the safety and integrity of the building. Sets an example for The AbbVie Ways We Work and EED&I.
- Serve as senior on-site Production leader on 2nd shift
- Lead 2nd shift Shop Floor Control Meetings
- Backup supervisor for all areas on 2nd shift
- Responsible for GMP facility cleaning and oversight of the contract cleaning crew
- Responsible and accountable for the Production common areas and audit readiness at all times by making daily rounds and utilizing 2nd shift resources to organize and stage buffers and equipment in an orderly fashion
- Responsible and accountable for material movers
- Serve as 2nd shift point of contact for supervisors on the floor
- Serve as 2nd shift point of contact for contractors and visitors
- Implement training program and deliver to Contract Cleaning services (CCS)
- Create metrics for cleaning - attendance, cleaning effectiveness, EM hits
- Perform inventory on cleaning supplies to ensure we don’t overspend
- Introduce new cleaning agents and/or new processes, procedures
- Asset reviews, ensure equipment is being maintained and healthy
- Review/record attendance
- Asset review
- Audit readiness walkthrough
- Safety walkthrough
- Initiate WO - follow up on status with coordinators
- Waste Removal, CIP Drums
- Oversee contractors and all on 2nd shift and health and safety of the building
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence.
- Desired 6+ years of combined experience in engineering and/or operational experience (pharmaceutical, engineering, utilities, biotechnology, project management). Minimum of 3 years in supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment and/or process/project management.
- This position requires excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to effectively lead, adaptable to change, able to manage competing priorities, analytical and problem-solving skills, and written and verbal communication skills.
Must have ability to focus, take initiative, cope with stress, and use judgment to accomplish results. High level of interpersonal skills to lead and motivate a professional, technical staff, and to deal with all levels of management and professionals within the Company; to
Significant Work Activities: Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced